laptop for 800

Kain-

Forum Fiend
Joined
Feb 20, 2010
Messages
653
title says most of it, my friend wants a new laptop for 800 dollars, mainly for gaming wise, i alrdy tried persuading him to a desktop for gaming and i would help build it, but he stil wants a laptop. anyone out there for 800 that are decent for gaming?

lr;dr gaming laptop for 800
 
I recomend an ASUS. AWESOME! local bestbuys should carry one around 800 and one around 1000 depending where u live
 
Don't ever ever ever ever buy anything from Best Buy. They got their PhD in scamming you out of your money. I went down to a Best Buy to get a DVD drive and I realized I could get a better one overnighted to me from newegg that would still be cheaper. I've seen external HDDs costing at least $50 more than what they're worth there. I disapprove.
 
Don't ever ever ever ever buy anything from Best Buy. They got their PhD in scamming you out of your money. I went down to a Best Buy to get a DVD drive and I realized I could get a better one overnighted to me from newegg that would still be cheaper. I've seen external HDDs costing at least $50 more than what they're worth there. I disapprove.

their laptop prices are pretty consistent with other retailers.

I don't understand how it is a scam if you willingly purchased it.
 
Maybe it isn't a scam, but it's no less of an attempt to rip off their customers who don't know better. I've sworn off ever buying anything from Best Buy. $60 HDMI cables, $300 external HDDs, and pre-builts with $500 in parts selling for $1000? lolz

@OP: The laptop that Reflex recommended is pretty boss. For a little over $800 you can get an Alienware Mx11, depending on how big your friend needs the actual laptop screen to be. If he can deal with a 10.8"(?) screen, he should be groovy. Honestly I'd probably choose that Lenovo that Reflex linked over the Mx11, though.
 
if you know how to shop......then you will get the best prices.

Best buy may sell some expensive HDMI cables (hence monster) but its not only them selling those $100 hdmi cables.

Best buy offers some good prices on laptops. They sell the Asus G73 for like $1,200 compared to around $1,500 on other sites

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+...=1218243761956&skuId=1257894&st=g73&cp=1&lp=1

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/G73JW-XA1-Republic-Gamers-17-3-Inch-Gaming/dp/B0044BCZ0E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295286856&sr=8-1[/ame]

So yea, if you know how to shop....then you will find the best prices and not overpay. It's not scamming, just know what your doing
 
thanks for the responces guys, i send him the links to the alienware and the 800 dollar one more options would be nice though
 
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220715

You can upgrade the CPU later to a Core 2 Quad. Only thing is the 1368x768 screen is terrible but I've seen people swap out the screen to a 1920x1080. Should be able to handle most modern games as the GTX260M is like a desktop 9800GT. ASUS makes good stuff too.

Without buying refurbished/used you aren't really going to get above a 5650/5730(OC version of 5650) brand new.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top