Brainz or Bronz?

9th Grader

I made one post
Joined
Jan 28, 2011
Messages
25
I have to say I have been playing DoD:S for a while now and I have a question.
I can't help but notice what gets players the most kills and captured flags? Is
it the fact they know the map, strategy, plan, and thinks before shoots. Is it
the all around good class/weapon for example "I play allies and use a sniper
to kill all my enemys no matter if it's from close combat no scope to long range
quick scope". Is the best way to have a balance of Brainz and Bronz? comment
and give your ideas.
 
Well, it's kind of both. You need brainz to make a plan and bronz to kill people well.:)
 
Depends on how you play i guess.. some people rack up the kills by camping - church entrance in ava etc.. but i just can't do this! I'll plan on doing it, get one kill and think "stuff this! I'm gonna see what is out there!!"

Knowing the map helps.. people always end up in the same spots - ava church top you know someone will either rocket/snipe from ground, orange, yellow if they can.. you learn the corners to check for.. but you can't beat a good dose of skill.. I am just a mad runner which i enjoy. Can't snipe to save myself, worse with a rifle, rarely have a positive K/D ratio yet always have a good laugh trying to cap flags.

Then there are the guys like Blue, Ronpaul, Xiah, Bad Brain etc etc etc.. who are really sharp - since i am nowhere near there skill level i can only speculate that there is a fair amount of practice that went to getting them good.. as well as a rig that can handle it!! End of the day you just have to decide what sort of game play suits you and play it.

One other thought to throw in the mix - the best way to win in this game it teamwork and communication.. Does not matter how good one single player is, if nobody is calling out sniprs/mg's/groups of enemy etc then that team will always lose!!
 
When i play im all bronz. I run around grab all the flags and shoot as many ppl as i can but there is still a method to my madness.
 
I always recommend to keep moving. For instance on Anzio if you kill a person from a particular location, you really should move, even to a different corner or an all around different location of the map. I know that I get constant kills once I know a guy keeps camping a location. It's just too easy to flank.

So knowing the map helps a ton, but also knowing little tactics like "hopping around corners" not just turn them.
 
I love Anzio, Donnor and Flash. These maps I know pretty well. Think about where people are going then attack. Brains. THEN Bronz. My kills are what I concentrate on next but my caps are high if the team does well together. Points are also a thing some people worry about. I lost that battle a while back. As long as I am doing a 2.0 kpd life is good...
 
A combination of all those things, but all i need is about 750 rounds with my '42 and im good-to-go!
 
Strand = lots of brains... quick brains... you’ll be quick or be dead

You have to inspire your team to listen to you. I was stuck on the beach with pubs for 3 rounds straight, pure slaughter (with synk as my wittness) I even asked all the assault guys to pull their smoke pins then sprint up the beach... no one listened.

I asked my fellow machine gunner what he was covering, no answer... i even asked what our snipers was aiming at... no answer... bloody hell

Strand is a big mess when your team is full of dummies who doesn't know what teamwork is and the enemy team is full of skilled riflemen (bah)

If you go on strand your gonna loose alot of points, but still have fun in the procces with teamwork, communication and attacking... TOGETHER!
 
The most important part is brains. After that reaction time. (If you're planning on sniping/rifling aim comes 3rd) If both you and your enemy runs out of ammo and he hides. A split second thinking will ensure you get him. That really is the difference between me getting a 1.5K:D or 3 K:D. Also remember to always help your team.
If you want to get good you also need to be the one who is always trying to capture a flag

Tl;dr
Learn the maps inside-out, know what your enemy is up to, react quickly. Help your team!
 
imo, its gotta be a balance between knowing the map, having quick reflexes (there's the brains), and having the BRAWN to muscle your way to the cap points...
 
flexibility in gameplay, reaction time, and aim. focus helps too

This sums it up. I notice the leaders are usually dropping one weapon to pick up another and moving on to the next area.

Unless you want to get into a sniper war which can give you kills if thats what you are after.

But guys like Skippy are a good example of always pushing at the enemy, looking for weak spots, then capping flags way behind enemy lines and flanking large enemy encampments goes a long way to alot of fun.

After running with him awhile back i picked up this tactic and have had alot of fun and my game skill has gone up significantly. Many times i can lead a board with kills.

Being on the offensive will always overwhelm and surprise the enemy.
 
flexibility in gameplay, reaction time, and aim. focus helps too

Absolutely. Also, knowing a map helps me defeat better players because I can anticipate and prefire on their locations faster.
 
Give me 1 round a gun and point me at Berlin. Assault class, Flanking maneuvers,Have a plan and also i run on peoples stupidity.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top