- Joined
- Dec 18, 2008
- Messages
- 4,044
i don't wanna sound rude but why did you need dry ice for that?
1. you try it, then tell me it is easy. That right there is about 4 hours of work

2. I need an unlocked multi, this board isn't great for HTT OCing (or so i'm told), and I believe that is what is holding me back.
I know, right? :/
4Ghz isn't anything special on that chip. I could almost hit that on my old chip with an H50.
Everything up to 3.9 was easy, i was getting 3.8 on air. That last 270MHz was a PITA
Do your Sandy Bridge next! I wana see 8GHz!
He doesn't have a dice pot for that.
Wait, actually he does. 1156 and 1155 are same mounting set up.
reflex, we demand SB on dice.
So many flaws in this logic.
1. SB has a maximum multiplier of 57. so for 8GHz, i would need a whopping 140 on the BLK. I am lucky if i can get more than 105 out of it.
2. I can't even boot past 54x multi. Damn D2 chip. :facewall: D3 needs to come out already.
3. SB has a coldbug around -20c (for D2's, +20c for D1's, yes you can get cbb at ambient temps). As you see above -77 is WAY beyond that. I would have to blowtorch the the pot on every boot, and with SB overclocking, that is a lot.
4. I don't own a blowtorch.
5. I hate OCing SB.......












I probably should buy one though if i ever want to get into ln2