Budget laptop, with battery life? Whatttt???

Rathion

Famous
Joined
Jul 22, 2009
Messages
442
As the title suggests I am looking for a budget laptop with amazing battery life. My max price range is $500ish, depends on how much I can sell my old laptop for and how much money I can make off a few computer repairs in the works. That is my estimated cash I can throw down. The best thing I have found is this:
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s.../psg/notebooks/Everyday_computing/G62x_series
OR
http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15r-combo-mod/pd?oc=fndor20b&model_id=inspiron-15r-combo-mod
I would like a decent sized hard drive (280 gig ish to 320 minimum) At-least 2 gigs of memory, (If its a good deal with less ram I can upgrade later,) No mini keyboards for gods sake, i don't have miniature hands! Other then that decent graphics would be nice for basic video consuming and maybe a source game or two. Processor isn't necessarily important, low end dual core would be fine.

Just posting asking if anyone has seen any deals that fall in this price range and necessity. The above laptops have between 4 and 6 hours max battery life I believe. Around there or better would be amazing!

Thanks!
Rathion
 
Its not urgent seeing as I do still not have all the funds present. I am in the process of fixing a laptop screen to sell that for cash, and selling a olddd HP for cash to. Once my computer assets are turned into $$$ I can buy one but it is not urgent by any means. I just want something I can tote around and use at school or at home.
 
Another question is how does the AMD fusion perform? I have no computing experience with it.
 
It's about $600 with the coupon, but here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&Item=N82E16834157466

HP Pavilion dv6
Intel Core i3 370M (2.4GHz)
500 GB HDD @ 5400 rpm
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 + Intel HD
4GB DDR3
15.6" Screen
$600 (With $50 off coupon)

Considering I paid $700 + tax for a similar Lenvo Ideapad barely a month ago, but with an i5 processor, that's a pretty good deal.

You may also want to check out slickdeals.net and logicbuy.com for coupon deals. I got my laptop with a $230 off coupon code.
 
Another question is how does the AMD fusion perform? I have no computing experience with it.

It performs much better than the Intel Atom (Dual Core) ION-2 combo laptops/netbooks, also taking slightly less power consumption.

But, AMD Fusion is meant to be the competitor for Intel's Sandybridge. Sandybridge was of course delayed by a month because of recalls regarding an issue with SATA ports, but it will be out by next month.
Because of the delay, we will not know how they compare to one another through benchmarking.

I'd say wait it out if you can to see some comparisons when Sandybridge is widestream.
 
Has anyone played Source games on a Atom or Fusion? I'm considering performance in this and what to hear from a EGO person on how well it performs.

Thanks for the tip Snipeye, I think I actually found a dell equivalent to that for a similar price now its just figuring out which one. Is it just me or is dells website horrible? Ugghh.
 
Back
Top