AMD overdrive help

chawlie fair

Rookie
Joined
Feb 17, 2010
Messages
55
I went to overclock my ATI HD 5450 with the Overdrive option in Catalyst and I did the auto overclock option, but the settings it overclocked it to were too high, I didn't think they would be because it was automatic, now my card is going nuts and my desktop keeps crashing.
I can't go back into the Overdrive to lower it because my screen goes nuts.

I tried Windows in safe mode to do it, but it wouldn't let me open up Catalyst, although my PC does not crash in safe mode, everything works.

Any help?
Typing this on sis's laptop :D
 
I would think rebooting would fix it, unless you set it to a custom profile that opens on boot. If you did, you need to go into safe mode and disable overdrive.

I've never trusted that software because it's either too optimistic on final clocks, or it doesn't do enough. It's never been very good.
 
Go into safe-mode and delete the drivers, then boot normally and re-install them
 
I had this problem before, REINSTALLING DRIVERS DOES NOT FIX THIS. The AMD overdrive settings still stay. TO FIX:
Go into safemode
Download the ATI Tray Tools (google them)
Open them up and INSIDE THOSE TOOLS, go into overclock on your system tray and reset them to defaults. Then enable your GFX drver and you're done.
 
Lesson here: don't use overdrive unless you know what you are doing.

Ati tray tools as always messed things up for me in the past.....if that works, might want to uninstall it soon after
 
Back
Top