Amazon's Music Cloud.

Sexy Beast

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Apr 23, 2008
Messages
2,641
Yesterday Amazon released two new services they're calling the Cloud Drive and the Cloud Player. Essentially you upload your music to Amazon's server and then you can play it anywhere. Even better yet, you can download the music from the Cloud drive. Amazon also allows you to upload just about every other type file too...meaning photos, videos, and documents.

The reason this is so interesting is because Amazon beat both Google and Apple to releasing this service. Which is either a brilliant move or just plain stupid consider that the main reason why Google and Apple haven't released this service yet is due to the fact that they are still in talks with the record labels about possible copyright issues. Personally, I don't think there are any licensing issues since the music has already been purchased and is just being stored on Amazon's servers.

So if you want to check out this service, Amazon is giving out 5 free gigs of storage. I've bought 50 gigs to back up my music collection just in case I suffer a catastrophic computer related disaster. That and I can now play my music at work.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top