Help please

Fearless888

Active Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2008
Messages
408
So I have been noticing some things going on with my steam for quite a few months now, but I have been unable to find a source to these issues.

Basically I noticed that every time I disconnect from tf2 it says "Syncing" next to the Team Fortress on my games list.

Awhile back I asked about this problem and multiple people reassured me that this is not a big deal.

When I disconnected from a game today, however, I noticed something in the console.

It read, "CAsyncWavDataCache: 1302 .wavs total 0 bytes, 0.00 % of capacity."

No results are found when I search for this issue in google (with quotation marks), and only about 3 results show up when there are no quotes (all of the results are in russian also).

Is this somehow related to my problem, and could it be what is causing me some tf2 lag issues? (EVERY time I join a tf2 server it will say Not Responding for a moment, before it finally comes back and joins the server.

I know this is quite lengthy, but I don't know what to do.

Thanks, Fearless.
 
No.

Every time you disconnect from a game, it will sync. This is apart of Steam Cloud and if you don't want your settings to be saved globally, turn off Steam Cloud.

CAsyncWavDataCache has nothing to do with your freezing and is completely normal. It's a common "error".

There's multiple issues that could be addressed to fix lag.
1) Upgrade PC.
2) Upgrade drivers.
3) Turn off any unwanted programs when playing TF2.
 
Fail.
What you need to do is go to your Program Files/STEAM folder; under that you will see 2 files AppUpdateStats.blob and Client Registry.blob...delete both, log off STEAM restart PC, log back into STEAM and you should be good to go.
 
I don't quite understand how this is a "fail".
First, how is a .blob file used for updating stats affecting lag and how is a registry blob file affecting lag in game? I could understand if the lag came to starting up TF2, but it's indicated it happens when joining a server.

All a blob file is is a binary large object. So resetting(deleting) it will just cause a refresh in TF2, which may be a temporary fix, but I highly doubt this'll be a permanent solution as eventually, you'll have to repeat this process.
Your computer specs are what determines stall time when it comes to this game while joining a server, not 2 files that are used for configuration/updating.

In fact, let's get into detail about what happens when you join a server.
hl2.exe processes code, a lot of it. HL2 is known to have extremely long waiting periods when executing code. The boss talks to the RAM, who talks to the video card, who talks to the network connection.

The better RAM, CPU, video card, and connection you have, the quicker you will join a server.
Obviously, it's a lot more complicated then this, but this is a nutshell version of what happens.

[REMOVED AS REQUESTED BY LEADERSHIP]

Anyways, excuse that Fearless.
Let's take a look at your drivers, first. We want to make sure they are up to date.

1) Hit Windows Key + R.
2) Type in "dxdiag" in the run window that comes up without quotes and hit enter.
3) Allow/OK any window that may come up.
4) In the bottom right corner, you'll see a button that says "save all settings", click on it.
5) Copy and paste the entire contents of that .txt file into this thread.
 
Last edited:
Ric, you sound awfully defensive.
At no point was anything fail except the STEAM standard.
In regards to the *.blob fix all I have to say is try it; it has fixed the issue for many people myself included especially when the stats would not update in steam.
As far as addressing your comments in regards to me being an ass, being professional and certifications; as a courtesy I won't touch on that.
In the future may I suggest 1) at least speak to someone one time before you decide you are going to judge them or what they are trying to say and 2) leave emotion out of your posts and stick with facts.

Have a good one.
 
Hey Tanker,

Before this continues, let's take it to STEAM or find me in a Rated R Ventrilo channel. This thread is specifically for technical support and bickering back and forth isn't very helpful to this individual, nor does it look good on either of us. :)
 
Last edited:
let me know. I added you on steam and you are online. If you want to work it out; I am on now.
 
Sorry for the delay in responding, other stuff came up, then I forgot about this.

So I can't post the file that I was supposed to save because it is to big to attach in this message, but I will copy some of the text from it and hope that it is enough.

I will also try deleting those 2 files right now and see how it works.

This is my video/graphics specs I believe. I hope I have provide enough, but not too much, information. Thanks again.

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTS 250
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0615&SUBSYS_110319DA&REV_A2
Display Memory: 1650 MB
Dedicated Memory: 499 MB
Shared Memory: 1151 MB
Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: SyncMaster 206BW,SyncMaster Magic CX206BW(Analog)
Monitor Model: SyncMaster
Monitor Id: SAM027C
Native Mode: 1680 x 1050(p) (59.883Hz)
Output Type: HD15
Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll,nvwgf2um.dll
Driver File Version: 8.17.0012.5896 (English)
Driver Version: 8.17.12.5896
DDI Version: 10
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 7/10/2010 06:37:00, 9818728 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4555-11CF-626D-0F311CC2C535}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0615
SubSys ID: 0x110319DA
Revision ID: 0x00A2
Driver Strong Name: oem5.inf:NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTx86.6.1:Section003:8.17.12.5896:pci\ven_10de&dev_0615
Rank Of Driver: 00E62001
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_C ModeWMV9_C



And this is other stuff that might be important:


Time of this report: 4/17/2011, 23:06:38
Machine name: JOESOMEBODY-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.101026-1503)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: XFX680
System Model: XFX Nforce 680i Sli
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 2814MB RAM
Page File: 1882MB used, 3742MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode
 
if u don't want to update the game, just switch the cloud thingy off in properties of the game ...
 
Back
Top