Best Desktop system out there?

Wow.. I'm speechless.
That's a nice build..

I personally would have suggested an i5 though ;)
I'm curious why you suggested this instead of it?
I would think with her use of Photoshop and heavy multitasking, this would be a good fit.

One more point about that biostar board I originally suggested.
It also had solid capacitors, something my more expensive Asrock board did not.

I'm not really overclocking much with it (just unlocked that 4th core) and now that I think about it, I never really have OC that much with them,
these were always workstations, hardly ever a gaming machine. But with Biostar leading the way with the ACC unlocking and FSB overclocking, that has changed a lot in the last couple of years.

Lady the only sure way to protect your photos is to burn em to a dvd.
Or have a backup of a backup. An external drive might be easier to use as a safety net.
I definitely would set this up as a raid setup though as this is about as fast as you'll get using mechanical drives and is a very nice system.
 
Last edited:
Wow.. I'm speechless.
That's a nice build..

I personally would have suggested an i5 though ;)
I'm curious why you suggested this instead of it?
I would think with her use of Photoshop and heavy multitasking, this would be a good fit.

One more point about that biostar board I originally suggested.
It also had solid capacitors, something my more expensive Asrock board did not.

I'm not really overclocking much with it (just unlocked that 4th core) and now that I think about it, I never really have OC that much with them,
these were always workstations, hardly ever a gaming machine. But with Biostar leading the way with the ACC unlocking and FSB overclocking, that has changed a lot in the last couple of years.

Lady the only sure way to protect your photos is to burn em to a dvd.
Or have a backup of a backup. An external drive might be easier to use as a safety net.
I definitely would set this up as a raid setup though as this is about as fast as you'll get using mechanical drives and is a very nice system.

I would have gone i5, but i would have had to go down to 4GB of ram, or get a substantially weaker GPU.

I think this is a fair trade. PS does use a lot of CPU, but i think that the GTS 450 will help supplement the lack of CPU.

Also most AM3 Biostar boards suck with FSB overclocking, but their AM2+ boards (particualrly TA785GE) were exceptional, so i don't think that overclocking ability is really particular to one brand.

I was talking about RAID1, which only has redundancy, it is no faster than a single drive, but it does create 2 mirrored drives in case one of your drives were to take a dive.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top