Computer Crash??

Santiago

Active Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2008
Messages
291
Okay here is the situation went to work this morning and my computer was working fine. Just got home and all the fans are on full speed, I have no signal to the monitor, Also is not responding to the reset or power buttons (tried the one on the motherboard as well as the case). Pulled the plug tried to restart turns on but immediately get the same situation. So I pulled the battery on the mother board pulled all power, this time on restart got the bios setup, went through set up the comp, it shuts down and back to the same situation with the fans and no response from the comp again. Tried to reset bios again now i can not even do that.

Running vista ultimate 64
Phenom II x4 3.00 unclocked
Amd 4870 x2 2gig
8 gig of ram
western digital 1 terebyte (less than 6 months old)


Also I have not done any recent changes to computer and I have not seen any thing that i would think would have led up to this.

Any impute or advice is apreciated.

Santiago (Writing this from wife's Computer)
 
Sounds like your computer over heated.
The reason I suggest this is due to the fact you said the fans were on full speed, and abruptly shut off, and now refuses to start.

When you took the computer apart, did you notice any burn marks or any abnormal smells?
 
Last edited:
Completely disasembled computer and then put it back together could not find any signs of over heating. However when I put it back together it started working fine.

Not sure what I did but it is working now.
 
Back
Top