Locked Bios - Preventing Overclock

kYuKi

Poster Extraordinaire
=(e)=
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,354
Is there anyway I can unlock my bios so I can at least "experiment" with over clocking. I seem to have the know how on over clocking as I've read many articles, hints, and tips along with the essential programs and tools.


2.40 gigahertz AMD Phenom 9750 Quad-Core
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)

Board: PEGATRON CORPORATION VIOLET 3.02
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 5.11 04/28/2009
 
Is there anyway I can unlock my bios so I can at least "experiment" with over clocking. I seem to have the know how on over clocking as I've read many articles, hints, and tips along with the essential programs and tools.





What is your PC manufacturer and model? If it's custom built, what is the brand and model of the motherboard?
 
I know that there used to be a jumper on the motherboard that you could move or enable to reset/remove the bios password. If you look at the motherboard, it might just be two pins sticking up from the motherboard that is labeled bios. Just short the two pins together with a pair of pliers or small piece of wire and it should erase the bios password.

If you can't find the jumper I am referring to, then remove the bios battery from the motherboard, remove power from the computer and let it sit for several minutes. Then replaced the battery and reapply power to the pc and it should have reset the bios to factory defaults.

Hope this helps.
 
To answer a few questions:

Your board is manufactured by an ASUS subsidiary supplier for Hewlett-Packard (Pegatron Corp). The board is an M2N78-LA Violet6-GL8E made specifically for HP as an OEM part.

It is factory BIOS locked by Pegatron/HP and it's currently impossible to unlock the BIOS to do anything worthwhile. People have tried to unlock the overclocking function on the board by flashing the BIOS using a similar specced board's BIOS but it always ends in failure/bricking.

Your best bet is to replace the current board with another AM2+/AM3 785 chipset board to fit (what I assume is still the factory HP case?) within the same space confines as the current board.

The closest board spec-wise that I can find that would have overclocking ability would be an ASUS M4A785-M
 
i 2 agree on the Asus M4A785-M Motherboard it has a great bios and it is pretty good for oc
 
Back
Top