Hello all,
I've scoured around the internet with some googling and searching of steam forums, and unless I'm using some bad keywords, I can't quite find a similar situation.
Any time another user uses his microphone in a TF2 server, my sound output switches from my headphone jack to my laptop speakers and stays that way until restart. This affects *everything*, not just TF2. This effect is NOT triggered by any other game, VoIP program, etc.
Things I have done: Checked sound card drivers, played around with sound device options, verified TF2's cache
Computer specs: Windows 7 Home, Intel Centrino 2.2Ghz (dual), Nvidia Geforce 130M.
This problem has been occurring for about two weeks. Any ideas?
I've scoured around the internet with some googling and searching of steam forums, and unless I'm using some bad keywords, I can't quite find a similar situation.
Any time another user uses his microphone in a TF2 server, my sound output switches from my headphone jack to my laptop speakers and stays that way until restart. This affects *everything*, not just TF2. This effect is NOT triggered by any other game, VoIP program, etc.
Things I have done: Checked sound card drivers, played around with sound device options, verified TF2's cache
Computer specs: Windows 7 Home, Intel Centrino 2.2Ghz (dual), Nvidia Geforce 130M.
This problem has been occurring for about two weeks. Any ideas?
Last edited:









