DNS Issues

Vertago

Poster Extraordinaire
=(e)=
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
3,157
Ok so for the past 24 hours I have had connection issues where i can connect to some sites but not others. For instance I can connect to edgegamers.com but cannot connect to ventrillo (voice.edgegamers.org). I live on a school campus and i am almost 100% sure the issue in on their end because i have contacted others around campus and they are having the same issue. But I was wondering if i could do anything on my end?

pingtests.jpg


pingtests.jpg
 
Instead of ping, use tracert.

Example:
tracert www.google.com


It doesn't appear to be a DNS problem, otherwise you would be seeing a
message such as "Could not locate Primary DNS" or "Primary DNS could not
locate IP" or "DNS could not resolve hostname".
 
Instead of ping, use tracert.

Example:
tracert www.google.com


It doesn't appear to be a DNS problem, otherwise you would be seeing a
message such as "Could not locate Primary DNS" or "Primary DNS could not
locate IP" or "DNS could not resolve hostname".

tracerttest.jpg
 
Well, I'm no networking expert, but it doesn't appear to be a problem on your end.
 
Vertag0... add me on steam.. I'll try to get you sorted.

Steam: Beammedown
 
It is probably due to the ipv6 upgrade. They are going to do a nationwide test on ipv6 June 1st. I've noticed a lot of lag, especially from tier 1 providers. I doubt there's anything you can do about it.
 
Back
Top