New Computer Issues!

BobWango

EGO Zealot
Joined
Sep 13, 2008
Messages
1,839
So over the last few months I have been slowly buying new parts for a new pc. Today... when trying to boot it up to load windows, I have noticed that I don't get video what so ever. My motherboard is the ASUS x58 Sabertooth and my video card is the ASUS 570GTX (nvidia) in a nut shell when I boot up my PC I don't have video, and I did make sure that I was plugging my monitor into the correct DVI slot, and the video card we getting power since the cards fan was spinning. Now the motherboard had two PCI slots, in which I tried using the top one and the lower one, and nothing. Another note being when I boot up the computer I don't have the "beep" as some of you would call it, and yes, the speaker is installed. Now, I don't know if the PC would boot up because of the RAM. As I'm not 100% sure so I couldn't tell you, but! my mother board supports a "MemOk!" option in which there is a button to the side of the memory sticks, in which its LED light stays a solid red. I tried pressing the button but all it does is shuts down the computer and reboots itself. Now the next question regarding this same issue, my power supply is the ANTEC 850w Qauttro which has some spiffy little racing strips lol. Anyways, in regards to that. There are two ports in the back of that power supply that are red, so I assume its something special haha I don't know. But they are regular PCI-E plugins, so I used those to power the video card, thinking that its not getting enough power to run the video but powers the card. So since that didn't work, i tried the wires that came straight out of the power supply itself, which are PCI-E8 cables, and the same thing happened.

So all in a nutshell, my question is that am I doing something wrong? Are there other ways to trouble shoot and get this bad boy running? Am I possibly missing some cables? (my dad assures me he did everything 100% correct, but he was drinking a little at the time) Another thing as well, could it be the hard drive? I did notice there was a connector that he didn't use, which is on the far right (very descriptive I know, but its the 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black)

Hope you pc/tech guru's can help me out! Thanks!
 
Well. Let's take it step by step.

Your motherboard beeps is specific to how it's standardized.
For instance, the only time my computer beeps is when something is wrong.
All motherboards are different, not all of them use the internal speaker at boot-up.
Be sure to check whether yours does or does not.

If it does and it doesn't beep, it could mean you didn't hook up the internal speaker properly OR the internal speaker is faulty.

Now, when you turn on your PC, take apart your chassis, put your hand on the hard drive. Do you feel it spinning? If you have any USB devices, do they turn on?
ie; I have a USB Logitech Optical Laser. When I turn on my PC, the laser comes on.

I've looked up your power supply, and a lot of the default images I'm getting do not contain any red ports. Could you be a little more specific or point out what it is in this image?

tpq850_back_cable.jpg


Antec-850W-True-Power-Quattro-PSU.jpg


Thanks, and I'm dedicated to get your PC running.
 
Last edited:
Do you have all of the power cables plugged in?

-CPU 8 pin?
-2 6 pin PCIe connectors on the GPU?
-24pin motherboard connector?
-double check everything else?
 
Back
Top