Forum Boards....

Snuggles

I made one post
Joined
May 15, 2011
Messages
25
Hey I am working for a non-profit this summer (student) and am curious what you would recommend for a free forum board to use.

(Non-profit is actually pretty cool because its purpose is to encourage inter and intracommunity communication via blogs)
 
Are you just interested in blogging and are searching for an already built website?

Or do you want a forum, such as what you're posting on right now?
 
I am going to assume you mean PHP/MySQL based boards. ASP.Net is a different list...

phpbb is good and widely used, but if you want a more lightweight and vBulletin-like board you should go with MyBB. SMF is also a solution.

If you need a really light board use PunBB, or FluxBB, a fork of PunBB.
 
Last edited:
phpBB could do you good, but I never go with free forum software.

Invision Power Board is the *only* forum solution I would ever look at. It has a $150 license though (And I own 3 of them!).
 
phpBB could do you good, but I never go with free forum software.

Invision Power Board is the *only* forum solution I would ever look at. It has a $150 license though (And I own 3 of them!).

I love IP.Board too. :D

Also know that free hosted solutions like invisionfree are often riddled with ads, are slow, are unreliable, and have a decent amount of restrictions on them.
 
Last edited:
It's a non-profit - so strictly looking for a forum board. I've used PHPbb before but haven't set one up since high school - so was just wanting to know if there was a newer, better option.

Thanks for all the replies!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top