Horrible performance with GTX 460 se

Klammy

Poster
Joined
Jun 30, 2008
Messages
147
Yes I understand that this card is a slightly gimped version of the regular 460, but some of these frame rates I'm getting are inexcusable. I get 20-40 frames in splinter cell conviction, I get dips to 20 fps in Assassins creed (the first one), WoW runs at 40 fps on Dx11. Pretty much the only games that have ran good so far on this card that I only got a month ago are Dirt 3, Source games, and Bad Company 2 on Dx11. I really don't understand what's wrong, my drivers are up to date, my system is powerful enough for these games.

I have a GTX 460 se(OC'd)
AMD phenom ii (with 4 physical cores unlocked)
and 4gbs of RAM
Trying to run games at 1440x900 resolution.
 
Make sure drivers are up to date.

OC could be unstable


As I stated in my post the drivers are up to date, and as for the OC I did a lot of research in addition to trying out different OC settings this is about as stable as an OC can get. No artifacting, temperature is normal, everything seems good.
 
Just because artifacts don't show up doesn't mean the OC is stable.

Put the card back at stock, and see if that helps. If not, your drivers are probably corrupted.
 
Just because artifacts don't show up doesn't mean the OC is stable.

Put the card back at stock, and see if that helps. If not, your drivers are probably corrupted.

That just yields lower frames back on stock :/, I'll try reinstalling my drivers again.
 
Back
Top