Once again I have a problem

TheShiv

Active Member
=(e)=
Joined
May 15, 2011
Messages
323
Okay, so I just got a new computer (Figured out that my motherboard on the other one fried) and I have installed Steam on it. I updated it and tried to log in. It said "Could not connect to the Steam network. This could be due to a problem with your internet connection, or with the Steam network. Please visit http://www.steampowered.com for more info."

It is not my internet connect for I can use the internet via my browser and other connectivity options. I have also assured this by typing in a false password for my account on Steam and it said that I have typed in an invalid password - telling me that it is connecting to the validation server (Or however they have it set up.)

I don't believe it is Steam, however it could be, because I can still connect to Steam from my laptop and via browser.

I have attempted to delete/rename the ClientRegistry.blob file in C:\\Program Files (x86)\Steam.

I am running Windows 7, 64 bit.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing multiple times. I have also made sure that Steam is allowed through the Firewall.

Edit:
I just attempted to make a new Steam account and it didn't let me.
 
Last edited:
Just on safe measures, perform maintenance in Internet Explorer.
Delete all your temporary files, clean cache, etc.

I'm pretty sure it's either STEAM that shares the settings IE does or it's STEAM'S browser, either way.
 
Back
Top