office computer

wewo

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jan 12, 2009
Messages
3,433
I have a $1000 budget for purchase and installation of a new desktop for my office. Ostensibly it is for work only. How does this sound? I am figuring a few hundred for installation and networking by out outside IT guy and sticking with my current monitor (17" flat). Will it run CSS/DoDS reasonably well? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227320
 
I just looked it at Seem pretty dam good for a cheap computer it should run Good you might get lag in the big server but most people do too so you be fine
 
If you wanna play games with it, build one yourself. For the money, you can get a lot more.

If you don't wanna play games, then just find the cheapest system with some sort of dual core + ~4GB of ram
 
thanks for the advice. Reflex, I cant justify the time it takes to build since I will be at work, and my boss wont allow the down time.. I built my home computer but it took me a whole weekend, I'm not pro. Since the cost of the IT guy is about $500 this may work. I am just afraid it will be too obviously a gaming rig o.O
 
if you get a subtle enough case, it will be fine.

just don't let them see the inside :D
 

Latest posts

Back
Top