Finding the correct driver and then moving it. Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegoMan

Active Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2007
Messages
325
The issue.

I have just reinstalled windows on my computer, I find that my internet connection is not working.

The driver Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC has a yellow exclamation mark next to it in device manager.

This presents the problem of how do i find the correct driver without the use of the internet on that system?

And if i do find the driver how do i transport it.

I managed to get SIW on the problem computer to find out the details.

Motherboard is : Microstar Internation ms - 7392.

So how can i get the uptodate driver on my broken computer?
 
I have had this problem in the past, as well. Fortunately, the device manufacturer usually has an easy-to-use setup utility available on their website that will install the driver for you. You just have to have access to a computer to download it on, as well as portable media that you can copy the files over to.

I looked over this page on Realtek's site, and, assuming you have Windows 7, I'm guessing you need the seventh item under the Windows list. You can download it from one of their mirrors, or I have uploaded it for you here. If you have Windows XP/2000, I'm guessing you'll need the second item in the list, or the fifth item if you have Windows Vista.

Once you have the file downloaded, unzip its contents to your portable media. Then just plug it in to your Internet-less computer and run the setup file.

I hope this helps you. :)
dRastic
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top