Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 1 GB

Kaos1095

Rookie
Joined
May 15, 2010
Messages
75
So... yeah, I'm thinking of buying a new graphic card which is the Nvidia GeForce 460 GTX 1 GB, many of you probably know it already. Anyway, I'm quite... poor at recognizing requirements and stuff so I was wondering if this graphics card would work with:
- Processor AMD Athlon II X2 250 + Mother Asrock N68(or something like that)
- Power Supply -------------------------- (I don't know yet, I'll check out tomorrow and edit this).

Please answer ASAP.
 
i have the card and it was bottlenecked by my core 2 duo e7400 @ stock clocks. but when you OC your cpu to 3.0-3.4 the bottleneck goes away. a 400w psu can handle this card.
 
A 400w psu could easily handle that, hell a 350w probably could
( I could be wrong though)

I use an AMD Athlon II x2 240 with an AMD HD 5770 with a 350w PSU and I haven't really noticed bottleneck's.
 
Last edited:
So... yeah, I'm thinking of buying a new graphic card which is the Nvidia GeForce 460 GTX 1 GB, many of you probably know it already. Anyway, I'm quite... poor at recognizing requirements and stuff so I was wondering if this graphics card would work with:
- Processor AMD Athlon II X2 250 + Mother Asrock N68(or something like that)
- Power Supply -------------------------- (I don't know yet, I'll check out tomorrow and edit this).

Please answer ASAP.

Yeah with this setup your card will definitely be bottlenecked by your CPU. You should at least have a 500watt. It doesn't matter how many watts is recommended for the psu to have, it's the amount of amps on the +12V rail. It's recommended on the 460 SE to have 26 amps on your +12V rail. I have a high end Ultra 750watt psu and it only has 45 amps on the +12V rail making it a 540watt for video cards.
 
Last edited:
A 400w psu could easily handle that, hell a 350w probably could
( I could be wrong though)

I use an AMD Athlon II x2 240 with an AMD HD 5770 with a 350w PSU and I haven't really noticed bottleneck's.

well a 460 is like 5850 and a 5770 is like a 450.
 
So I guess I'm gonna need a new PSU, the one I got is 400 wats with 20 amps in the +12v Rail.
I got another one of 450 but still.

Would it be enough with a 500w or 550?
 
Last edited:
So I guess I'm gonna need a new PSU, the one I got is 400 wats with 20 amps in the +12v Rail.
I got another one of 450 but still.

Would it be enough with a 500w or 550?

Most likely, let's check up some PSU's :)

Corsair is always one step ahead the competition with all their products.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026

Even this puny 430watt has a dedicated +12V rail pumping 28amps, enough for a 460SE, though I really recommend a better PSU.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139027

This one produces 35amps and it has two 6/8 pin PCIE connectors. Go for this one if you need a budget PSU for the job.
 
So I guess I'm gonna need a new PSU, the one I got is 400 wats with 20 amps in the +12v Rail.
I got another one of 450 but still.

Would it be enough with a 500w or 550?

yea, i have a 550 and a quad oc'd to 3.6. get the antec earthwatts, reliable and cheap :D
 
So I just need a decent PSU for the Graphic Card and I don't have to worry about the processor?
 
What is 'Overclock'?

Does it cause any problem or something?

Like I said, I'm not good at Comps.
 
overclocking doenst nessairly hurt or cause problems but doing it wrong can, and also be aware that it does make it run hotter so if u plan on overlcoking much you may need better cooling
 
I wouldn't recommend Overclocking, your CPU @ 3.0GHZ should be fine for most games and stuff,
at least in my opinion anyway.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top