Reccomendations for a large monitor.

ShadowMaster

Rookie
Joined
Apr 5, 2009
Messages
57
I've been out of action for a while while moving and currently don't have a monitor for my system. I'd like to get a 27-32" screen for it but I'm having a hard time figuring out if anything on the market would be suitable for gaming in those size ranges. I've been using a 22" with 5ms response. Anyone out there using something similar that works well?

I'm considering these three right now:

Samsung P2770HD 27" LCD Monitor - 1080p, 1920x1080, 16:9, 5ms, 50000:1 Dynamic, 1000:1 Native, VGA, DVI, HDMI, TV Tuner

ViewSonic VA2702w 27" Widescreen HD LCD Monitor - 1080p, 1920x1080, 16:9, 60000:1 Dynamic, 3ms, DVI, VGA

ViewSonic VX2753mh-LED 27" Class Widescreen LED HD Monitor - 1920 x 1080, 16:9, 30000000:1 Dynamic, 1200:1 Native, 1ms, HDMI, VGA, Energy Star

Thank you for the input.
 
Pretty much what reflex said. The image will look worse since it's being (comparatively) stretched across 27" of real estate, instead of say 24". That's a 3" difference, but believe me, a 27" monitor is a lot bigger than a 24" one.
 
1080p on 27" screen is going to look kinda ehhhhh not so great. Pixel density will look and feel really low.

I would try for 2560x1440 at 27", or if you don't want to spend like $900, there are some nice 1080p 24" screens.

like this:
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...AWELAID=405505612&dgc=SS&cid=27530&lid=627063
dell U2410

This. Running 1080P on a 27" is gonna stretch the image too much. I'm running 1080P on my 22" right now and it looks beautiful. So higher res at a higher price, or smaller size. And trust me, 24" is HUGE when you put it on your desk.
 
im running 1080p at 120hz on my 17inch laptop and of course it looks sharper and better than on my 27inch, but you must take price into consideration as it varies widely from monitor to monitor.

since the OP listed other 27inch monitors at the same resolution, I am guessing he had his eye on the cost before the resolution.

-Blue
 
Last edited:
The HD revolution had a terrible impact on monitor prices. :( I used to have somewhere around Double "HD" reolution on an old 21 inch CRT. Thanks for the input everyone.
 
Back
Top