Can't download steam games?

SgtBeavis

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
May 15, 2010
Messages
2,101
When I go to download anything on my steam profile I get "The steam servers a currently too busy to handle your request. Please try again in a few minutes." but when my girlfriend logs in to her account and tries it works fine. Does anyone have a solution to this?
 
Have you tried exiting out of steam then re-opening to install?

I've done that, reinstalled steam, deleted ClientRegistry.blob, changed my download location, restarted my internet everything I can possibly think of except call valve.
 
Try unplugging your router/modem for about 15 seconds and plug them back in. That should reset your internet connection, which might be causing the problem. Not sure what else could be causing the issue.
 
Tried that too. Don't see why that would be the problem though since my girlfriends account can download games but mine can't. :/
 
Hmm, I really have no idea what could be causing it. Maybe a firewall or anti-virus is blocking something? Sorry I couldn't be more of a help, I would just email/call Valve and see what they have to say. ;)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top