bmok3ys new rig.....

bmonk3y

I made one post
Joined
Apr 5, 2011
Messages
29
So i'm new to this part of the forums. I'm putting the finishing touches on my new rig for BF3. Now i know how to build rigs, but i am not a pro by any means. I'm going to post my specs and hopefully i can soe of you pro's tell me what you think!

Case: CoolerMaster HAF 932 Full Tower Gaming Case - Black
Processor: Intel? Core? i7 990X Processor Extreme Edition (6x 3.46GHz/12MB L3 Cache)
Motherboard: [3-Way SLI] Gigabyte G1.Guerrilla w/ Killer Network Technology)
Memory: (12 GB [4 GB X3] DDR3-1333 - Corsair )
Video Card: (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590 - 3GB - Single Card)
Power Supply: (1000 Watt -- Extreme Gaming Series))
Processor Cooling: (Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-1366]Standard 120mm Fan)
Primary Hard Drive: (80 GB Intel 320 SSD - Single Drive)
Data Hard Drive: (2 TB HARD DRIVE -- 64M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive))
Optical Drive: [12X Blu-Ray] LG BLU-RAY Re-Writer, DVD?R/?RW Burner Combo Drive - Black)
Sound Card: (3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard)
Network Card: (Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
Monitor: 27' hanspree
Operating System: (Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) - 64-bit)

Headset: (Thermaltake SHOCK Spin Gaming Headset - w/ Ergonomic Shaped Velvet Ear Cushions, Neodymium Magnet Speakers, In-Line Volume Controller & Independent Microphone Box))

Flash Media Reader / Writer (12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer - Black)

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa
Mouse: I have 2-3 different razer mouses.

So please let me know what you think, i got a few deals and rebates and saved like $560 bucks!!!!!!
 
1. 990X is a REALLY stupid choice right now. Really anything 1366 is just a bad move

2600K would be better option here.

2. 590 is an interesting choice. Most people would be more inclined to go with 2 cards like GTX 570s or something.

3. Why not build it yourself? The "(Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-1366]Standard 120mm Fan)" tipped me off that you are buying this from a site like Ibuypower or Cyberpower.

Why not save some cash and build it yourself, it really isnt that hard at all.

4. 1000w "EXTREMEM GAMEING PSU!!111!!11" is kinda vauge. Knowing IBP and vendors like them, it is probably something from Xion or other low end PSU manufacturer. I would suggest something different, but we can figure that out later once you decide what you actually want to do.
 
I agree with reflex... I was looking at buying from cyberpower, but realized i could get better performance with less money from newegg
 
That's a lot of money for a very nice system, but trust me when I say that you can do better, especially if you're looking for something with some value behind it. I'm sure that system is very overpriced.
 
I know this is from Ibuypower because its a preset up on their website for 3559.00

Here's what I made on newegg.

Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 800D ATX Full Tower Computer Case---279.99

Processor: (Hard to say seeing how BD is days from being released and NOBODY has seen benchmarks yet but if you wanna stay Intel i'll base this build off of that) Intel Core i7-2600K--314.99

Motherboard:ASUS P8Z68-V PRO--199.99

Memory: (x2) G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 [With 7 latency which I need to add] 239.99

Video Card: (x2) EVGA 012-P3-1571-AR GeForce GTX 570 HD--659.98

Power Supply:ENERMAX SGALAXY EVO 1250W (Don't need this much but future proofing is nice...--259.99

Processor Cooling: Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Liquid Cooling System (I would make a custom loop but for comparison reasons this is included)--59.99

Primary Hard Drive: Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F90GB3-BK 2.5" 90GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (They ripped you off on the SSD)--149.99

Data Hard Drive:Western Digital Caviar Black WD2002FAEX 2TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive--149.99

Optical Drive: (x1)LG Black Blu-ray Drive SATA Model UH12LS28 OEM LightScribe Support--69.99
(x1)LG DVD Burner Black SATA Model GH24LS70 LightScribe Support--20.99

Sound Card:ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 Channels PCI Express x1 Interface Sound Card (Not my first choice but ya know whatever...haha)--69.99

Network Card: On board is fine--0.00

Monitor: Asus VK278Q Black 27" Full HD HDMI LED BackLight LCD Monitor w/Webcam--349.99

Operating System: (Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (Get professional, ultimate just adds bit locker (you wont use) and language packs (you wont use)--139.99

Headset: (x1) Sennheiser HD 518 3.5mm/ 6.3mm Connector Around-Ear Headphone--124.95
(x1)Zalman clip-on microphone (Amazing quality)--4.99

Flash Media Reader / Writer--Why?

Keyboard and mouse....It's all opinion based and honestly can wait so i'm not adding it to the list.

Total--$3,128.14 without rebate $3,028.14 with rebates


In the end building it yourself is cheaper and remember I ADDED stuff in this build to bring up price like headset,sound card, a SECOND video card, more/faster ram etc. And i splurged on alot of stuff in here. I would get really deep into all this but im tired and i don't feel like it ha ha.


If it was me i would wait for BD (Bulldozer to release and see what happens)
But it can go either way.

Good luck with it all!
 
my intention was to build my own via newegg, but i got an insane deal. They use to sponsor one of my cevo-p teams and i got a good amount of cash off. I'll have to think about it some more!
 
I doubt you'll save more from iBuyPower vs. NewEgg, and iBP's limited variety of quality components is going to kill you in the long run. If you can build it yourself, do it, IMHO. :o
 

Latest posts

Back
Top