AHH My sound went out!

Cascsiany

Dust 2 Devotee
Sr. Manager
Joined
Aug 4, 2010
Messages
4,203
So I was playing CS:S earlier and had no problems with my sound. After a while I got off and decided to play a video. When playing the video there was no sound :cursing:. I've tried uninstalling the driver and re-installing to no avail. I've also uninstalled turned my comp off and let it re-install on its own all with no luck. Any suggestions on what I can do?
 
It's a Toshiba Satellite laptop model L305D S5934.

So plugging it in doesn't matter.
 
Is the sound broken only for that one video file? For all videos? Gameplay sounds still come through? Vent works? Etc. etc.
 
Did U Try...
Start>Device Manager
Go To Sound,Video,Game Controllers... If There Is A Plus Open It...Then Right Click Everything In There N Hit Uninstall... Then Reboot Ur Laptop N It Should Auto Install Back N Get Sound... Otherwise, Do System Restore... Usually It Will Fix The Problem =]
 
The sound won't work at all. I've tried uninstalling and rebooting. I've tried doing system restore. I am running Vista but it hasn't updated recently. The problem just started this afternoon, I was playing CS:S not even an hour before and the volume worked fine.
 
Mayb U Should Open Ur Laptop Up (Unscrew Nails) N Check 4 Things That Might B Lose... N While Ur At It... Might As Well Use An Air Gun 2 Clean The Dust =]
 
Unfortunately with this laptop you can't remove the back. The back connects to the front of the laptop. I can and have dusted though.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top