FPS drops?

Celtic

Famous
Joined
Aug 8, 2009
Messages
530
Basically the story goes, I normally would get 250-300 fps in CSS, DoDs I don't remember but I'm sure it was the same if not higher if I uped the cap. All of a sudden I no longer get those frames and CSS gets 80-120 but sometimes it'll go up to 250 if I look at the floor -_- This is strange behavior to me. It'll go between 80-120 so bad that it feels like 40. DoDs I get even less!? It goes from 30-90. It just started happening today.

Here's the kicker! Assassins Creed II didn't take a hit in performance, Dirt 3 didn't take a hit at all (66 min 94avg on max settings). So I don't really understand what's going on? I'm a little confused that those two games took a hit.

I haven't tested any other games but I could later tonight.. I have around 90 games.. I'll probably try TF2 and L4D2 tonight as those are made from the same company.. maybe it's something to do with their games.

Before anyone asks. No, Panda Cloud Antivirus isn't running, and COMODO Firewall isn't blocking anything. I have a feeling it might be the games itself as I validated CSS and it had to reacquire something and I had something happen today where I believe it said No-login for steam and kicked me? I've never had that happen..
 
I think it has to do with their recent updates they've been doing.. So it's that or the fact I never actually installed steam on this install of Windows. Just left it on my other hard drive. Never caused a problem before though! Assassins Creed II and Dirt 3 are on steam.. so I doubt it's that.

Regardless, I'll keep the thread posted if results change. I noticed an increase of frames with CSS with less stutter but DoDs still is poop.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top