Not sure

Beemermarine

Poster Extraordinaire
=(eGO)=
Joined
Sep 4, 2011
Messages
3,123
Ok I have a gts 250 nvidia, and for whatever reason or reasons I can not update the driver for it past the 266.?? if I do any video I watch locks up the comp.
I have tried clean install, and everything else everyone has told me, all with the same results, so I am back to the 266 driver and saying I am done with updating:facewall:
 
so it would be safe to assume that the drivers your trying to put in are the 285.38 beta!? Make sure your downloading the correct one for your OS, 64bit/23bit. Is it installing correctly or do you have errors during that? Have you rebooted after installing and tested or are you testing right after the install?
 
Silent I get no error message at all, Hordor no it is not the 285 driver it is the 280. which is what nvidia says is the updated driver, and yes I reboot and test before I continue,think I will stick with if it ain't broke don't fix it. I usually like keeping the drivers up to date but with this I can't no big deal
 
I have had to do that before, once BF3 gets released they will probably bring out a new version anyways and I would try that one. If not the beta driver is all we have right now and I'm running a GTX 260 so not much difference between our cards. It may be worth trying out the beta driver just to see if the problem is consistent with trying to upgrade or that version of drivers.

If you not planning on running BF3 right away then just stick on the driver version that is working as you say if it's not broke don't try and fix it.
 

Similar threads

Latest posts

Back
Top