Computer slowing down

soLitary

Poster
Joined
May 8, 2009
Messages
236
My computer has been taking a toll for a while and although I wont be needing it when I get sent to boot camp thats almost a year away. Anybody have any idea on how to increase speed without having to re install windows again?
 
Disk Cleanup
Disk Defrag
RUN - > chkdsk

Basic stuff without anymore info like Bravo noted.
 
Thanks guys doing all of that right now.

If you didn't get too far with this, PM me, and I can try to help. If you want, grab HijackThis from [ame="http://download.cnet.com/Trend-Micro-HijackThis/3000-8022_4-10227353.html"]Trend Micro HijackThis - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com[/ame], and run it and send me the results. We can prob help speed it up a little.
 
I would definitely add CCleaner to the list of regular things to do to your machine.
 
Normally hard drives degrade a little over time, especially when they're fragmented and have a bunch space hogging junk on them. Try deleting some old games, mods, videos, music, etc. that you don't need anymore.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top