Getting c000005 errors almost everywhere

Believer

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
2,883
Okay, so I thought this problem was limited to one game, but apparently something is screwy with my system.

Recently, I tried playing a game (Binding of Isaac) only to have it crash before launching with an error code APPCRASH and exception c000005 "ACCESS VIOLATION." I tried everything:

- Uninstalled my video drivers, reinstalled, updated to latest version
- Ran the registry cleaner tool on CCleaner, ran CCleaner itself
- Uninstalled Adobe: AIR, Shockwave and Flash, reinstalled all 3 and updated
- Updated Windows
- Updated AV (using AVG Free)
- Disabled Steam Community in-game (for Binding of Isaac)

Everything I could think of to do, and nothing is working.

Today, I tried to launch Origin and the same error code appears! It seems to have something to do with Flash but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. Steam doesn't seem to have a problem playing any other of my 100+ games.

If anyone has any suggestions at all, please bring them forth. I am completely out of ideas. :bored:
 
An access violation is not tied to one thing.

To put it simply, an access violation occurs any time an area of memory is accessed that the program doesn't have access to. For instance, memory location zero is reserved for the operating system, so any application that tries to access this address will crash with an access violation.

This error is vast and many, so it is hard to pinpoint what's causing it unless you've already reviewed your dump files.

Do you still need help with this problem?
 
Hey Believer,

Do you have the full error message, including the faulting app?

Cheers

Jat
 
Hey Believer,

Do you have the full error message, including the faulting app?

Cheers

Jat

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Binding_of_Isaac.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4da19492
Fault Module Name: Binding_of_Isaac.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4da19492
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0001e491
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: a394
Additional Information 2: a394c0dff8f40d2ceed9ffd1c6d6a27c
Additional Information 3: 62f0
Additional Information 4: 62f047c3a362e450457e9352c994c49e

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:Windowssystem32en-USerofflps.txt
 
Ric, thanks mate.

Believer, have you tried running Binding of Issac in XP compatibility mode (you may have to do it for all of Steam). Doesn't look hardware or driver related at all.

Apologies if I am rehashing something else. I am guessing this was asked elsewhere, and I am missing it.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top