Everything Headphones

Wiggles

Active Member
Joined
May 22, 2008
Messages
276
Can anyone recommend a good gaming headset that can also double as music
headset. I pretty much listen to every type of music so I need it to a good all around headset(good bass and good highs and such). Anything ya'll can recommend would be much appreciated.

I'm currently looking at the Astro A30s but some reviews say their great all around and others say their bass sucks. Anyone have this headset and can confirm the quality?
 
Logitech G930
g930.jpg

They are wireless, battery life is up to 10 hrs and a recharge is about 2 1/2 hours. You can play with them wired. Software included has an advanced EQ for you to adjust Treble, Bass, Microphone, Sidetone, and Volume. I have owned these for about 3 months and I love them. You can find these are amazon [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Gaming-Headset-Surround/dp/B003VANOFY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321326830&sr=8-1"]here[/ame]
 
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B000065BPB/ref=nosim/betteraddons-20[/ame]

Had these for awhile. Going to give much better sound quality than a usb headset. However, you will need a sound card to take full advantage of their abilities. The Xonar DX is a good one that is almost exclusively recommended. You could also go for one of the cheaper models like the DG or DS. However, there have been some deals on the DX, so if you can get it under $50 (hopefully come black friday/cyber monday), then I say jump on it.

A more gaming oriented sennheiser headset with a mic would be the PC 330:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B003DA4D34/ref=nosim/betteraddons-20[/ame]

The PC 360 is an even more expensive option from them:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B003DA4D2U/ref=nosim/betteraddons-20[/ame]

Again, you will want a sound card as opposed to onboard to take full advantage of these. Onboard could hold you over till a decent deal comes up though.
 
I personally have a PC 350, it's a good headset it's a closed headset so it's very noise cancelling.
Where as the PC 360 is a open headset.
 
Logitech G930
g930.jpg

They are wireless, battery life is up to 10 hrs and a recharge is about 2 1/2 hours. You can play with them wired. Software included has an advanced EQ for you to adjust Treble, Bass, Microphone, Sidetone, and Volume. I have owned these for about 3 months and I love them. You can find these are amazon here

The quality is good for like, gaming, not for music. Bass isnt that good, surround sound is fake, the bass when turned all the way up makes the headphones break too.
 
I use Steel Series Siberia V2s. I love the sound quality, and they are about $90 and have a retractable mic, and look sick.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Siberia-Full-Size-Gaming-Headset/dp/B002Q8IHDQ[/ame]
 
indedddx.jpg


[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Force-Gaming-Headset-Amplified-Stereo-Pc/dp/B005DQG0BO[/ame]

I just got these, and I must say they are great for both music and gaming. All my music that I play sounds great with the highs and with the lows. The lows sound especially exhilarating when I have the built in Bass Boost to the max. For game sounds it is great, and with music (Especially music with low bass in it) it is spectacular. I would definitely recommend this headset. (Has a great mic too =P)
 
I doing research on a couple of the Sennheiser headsets mentioned but I wondering if ya'll can recommend any head phones that would work as a mobile pair of headphones because having 10 feet of cord would be kinda of a hassle.
 
The X12's have really long cables. It does not bother me though, because it came with a Velcro strip to wrap up the cables into a really short wire.
 
My Steelseries Siberia V2s have a normal size cord on them plus a extension cord for offices. The manufactures website says they have a 1 meter cord plus a 2m extension cord. So they can double as your 10 feet long cord and your normal 3 feet.

I'd recommend going to a local store and putting on some head sets before you buy, even if you end up ordering online. I had my heart set on the steelseries 7h sniper mentioned, but when I put them on I hated the rigid plasticy feel. And then when I put the siberia v2 on I loved the lightweight suspension and solid feel.

Also, remember its all about how much you want to spend, and if the extra money is worth it. I'm sure those $180 pc-350s are better then my $90 Siberia v2s but at the double the price, they weren't worth it to me. But they are worth it to others.
 
Last edited:
Just remember, for gaming, the sound card is just as important as headphones. With a really good sound card you will be able to hear more as opposed to an average or a cheap one. Same with headphones.
 
The quality is good for like, gaming, not for music. Bass isnt that good, surround sound is fake, the bass when turned all the way up makes the headphones break too.

Yeah they are headphones made specifically for gaming, but I find the quality for music the best I have ever had..maybe that is just because of the type of music I listen to. I'm not an audiophile so my opinion might not be credible. But I find the Virtual 7.1 to be very helpful in-game, helps me hear things more distinct like footsteps and such.
 
I really enjoy my turtle beach headphones there loud and do the job for only 49dollars

Assuming you got the turtle beach x11s. Those are my current set of heads phones i use for my main desktop. I'm looking for something for laptop that can double as my ipod headphones.

Also i know if I want great sound I shouldn't cheap out on my headphones and I'm doing research on most of the headphones mentioned.
 
Hmm..I bought a headset a while back called the Creative Fatal1ty headset, you can find them [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Creative-HS-800-Fatal1ty-Gaming-Headset/dp/B002DS4HTM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321987725&sr=8-1"]here[/ame]. I found the mic quality on skype very good and over-all sound okay for the price. The mic is flexible and removable. I think the bass is well represented, but the overall sound tends to be a little muddy. I listened to a few dubstep tracks on my iPhone 4s with them and overall the quality was okay, but not fantastic by any means. If you are on a budget though, i'd check them out. I got them for $20 on amazon during a sale. The most major downside though, is if you want them connected to your iPod, you are gonna have a mic input hanging out all the time and you may not want that. What kind of a budget are you on?
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top