My new pc

iMatthew

Forum Fiend
Joined
May 22, 2010
Messages
645
Just ordered my PC

  • AMD Phenom II X4 965 black edition
  • HAF 912 case
  • asetek liquid cooling 510LC
  • 500gb 7200rpm 16mb cache HDD
  • 700w cooler master silent pro psu
  • corsair 4gb ddr3/1600 ram
  • CrossFire HD 6850s
  • Win 7 x64 home

so yeah, i ordered pre-built and it comes with a free copy of BF3 :) im exited. I plan to upgrade to another 4gb of the same ram later, along with another 500gb hdd to run in raid 0
 
Last edited:
Nice thats sweet. Ill be getting a new rig soon around that budget! Good Choice of everything but the Radeon but i doo gotta agree there decent cards and cheap but i think nvidia is more up to date on Driver updates. I'm currently running on a HD 5770
 
Just googled your case, it looks boss :D. the cross fire should be pretty solid too and as far as i hear mostly good things about the 965 shouldnt disappoint.
 
Does your HAF 912 got the window? I gotta cut a window in my HAF 922, the only downside. Airflow is solid and plenty of room.
 
Does your HAF 912 got the window? I gotta cut a window in my HAF 922, the only downside. Airflow is solid and plenty of room.

No, it only has vents for the side 120 or 140mm fan... I might mod it later adding a plexi window and maybe extend side fan to 200mm
 
Great build. the 912 is a great case, i love mine, great airflow and plenty of room for sure

Those 6850's in crossfire should really do you awesome. I have one 6870 (crossfire in the future) and with a mix of High and Medium settings, no AA or the other stuff, and i get from 50 to 75 frames depending on the map. So i love mine.

Nice build and really a good price being under a 1 thousand!

edit: btw if you want the window, you can get it off the cooler master website for i think 22 bucks? something like that.
 
You may need to order 8 GB (2 x 4 gb sticks), unless the mobo has 4 ram slots. Otherwise, I'm guessing they gave you 2x4 gb sticks in there, meaning you'll be at a stand still if you get another 2x4gbs.
 
You may need to order 8 GB (2 x 4 gb sticks), unless the mobo has 4 ram slots. Otherwise, I'm guessing they gave you 2x4 gb sticks in there, meaning you'll be at a stand still if you get another 2x4gbs.

i think u mean i have 2x2gb ram and yes my mobo has 4 slots so all i need is 2 more sticks of 2gb... i might upgrade my ram entirely later on
 
or You can sell your ram, and buy 4x 4gb sticks. :)

Ram is REALLY cheap now a days
 
Just ordered my PC

  • AMD Phenom II X4 965 black edition
  • HAF 912 case
  • asetek liquid cooling 510LC
  • 500gb 7200rpm 16mb cache HDD
  • 700w cooler master silent pro psu
  • corsair 4gb ddr3/1600 ram
  • CrossFire HD 6850s
  • Win 7 x64 home

so yeah, i ordered pre-built and it comes with a free copy of BF3 :) im exited. I plan to upgrade to another 4gb of the same ram later, along with another 500gb hdd to run in raid 0


I'm running a VERY similar setup, the dual 6850's runs BF3 at 1900x1200 high to ultra settings at around 80 FPS for me.

Congrats on the new setup!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top