Please Click!

Few things I notice:

1. personally not a fan of the 912, but if you like it, whatever

2. 970A-D3 is outclassed in it't price range
If budget allows, I would choose the ASRock 970 Extreme4, much better board overall, Heatsinked voltage regulators, 990X chipset (dispite it being advertised as 970, it is actually 990X, supports 8x8x CFX and SLI)

Other wise the ASUS M5A97 is also better than the D3

Or if you want to go a bit cheaper, the ASRock 970 Extreme3 is also a solid choice.

3. That power supply is not something i would trust. Cooler Master make one series that isn't grossly overrated or swings way out of ATX spec, those are the Silent Pro series, and its derivatives. The eXtreme, GX, and other series all are either overrated (eXtreme) or have ripple and noise issues that will probably start killing parts after a few months (GX)

4. All retailers are price gouging hardcore with Hard drives right now due to flooding in taiwan. If you can hold off on buying a new one I would do that. If you have one from an old machine that you can re use, that would probably be the best option until prices go back down.

5. I can probably come up with something better for $670 1 sec....
 
Few things I notice:

1. personally not a fan of the 912, but if you like it, whatever

3. That power supply is not something i would trust. Cooler Master make one series that isn't grossly overrated or swings way out of ATX spec, those are the Silent Pro series, and its derivatives. The eXtreme, GX, and other series all are either overrated (eXtreme) or have ripple and noise issues that will probably start killing parts after a few months (GX)

Really? I have found my 912 to be great. Why dont you like it?

And About that GX series power supplies. I have a GX RS-650watt and i have not had any problems with it at all so far. I sure hope your wrong about them burning up parts. I was i read up about it before and did not find anything wrong with them.
 
Last edited:
EDIT: I don't like the 912 because it is ugly, and the interior is not painted. The GX series has ripple suppression issues (among other issues). The effects might not be immediate, but it can cause damage. Overall, very sub-par units riding on CM's brand rep (which in my mind isn't worth anything to begin with).

Read here:
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=188

speifically:
Regulation was only so-so, efficiency was remarkably lower than the 80 Plus test report would have us believe, and the 3.3V rail had more ripple than the last time I did a cannonball into a pool when I was still a three hundred plus pounder. To boot, the unit wouldn't even come close to full power at forty degrees before the overtemp protection came in and shut down the party. I dearly hope that Coolermaster's shipping retail units are better performing than my sample was, but since I couldn't get my hands on one of them I'll have to score this one as I see it

ok, i couldn't hit $670, but there are only so many corners you can cut before stuff starts to get dangerous.

iTuffOqCLYkz3.png



For the extra $50, This is a far higher quality build that will retain the same level of performance. I would much rather spend $50 on something that will last much longer.

Also it has 2x more ram, and some french words on the DIMMS :p
It may be CL10, but it will more than likely be able to hit 1600CL9 at 1.65v. Probably could push for CL8 assuming the ICs will allow.

Before you whine about my PSU choice, read here:

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/arti...es-630-W-RG630-S12-Power-Supply-Review/881/10

specifically the second paragraph

the 530 is based on the exact same platform as the 630, so it will perform similarly
 
Last edited:
Honestly, If i were you, i'd go with what Reflex suggested. He knows what he is talking about.

Furthermore, prebuilt pc's are not the way to go. build it yourself. I bought a prebuilt and man do i regret it.. lol ive replaced everything that was originally in it lol
 
Honestly, If i were you, i'd go with what Reflex suggested. He knows what he is talking about.

Furthermore, prebuilt pc's are not the way to go. build it yourself. I bought a prebuilt and man do i regret it.. lol ive replaced everything that was originally in it lol

I would buy from ibuy or cyber they build pretty quality pc's, its not like buying a dell or hp
 
What about this one do you think this one is beter?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227371

You might not see value in high quality parts, but the way I see it, mine is a much better buy.

If you don't want to build it your self though, i guess it is ok.

Has the non-Ti version of the 560 which is a slower card. also the motherboard and powersupply are quite a step down.

and the ram doesn't have french hookers on it.

The windows argument is rather moot since there are many ways of acquiring a windows licence for very little moneys.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top