Question for Video Editors

fudpeX

Forum Fiend
Joined
Jul 21, 2009
Messages
746
Whats good video editing software, free or not. I'm wanting to get into video editing.
 
Sony Vegas is good, its hard to get a hang on it, but once you understand and know it, its great. not free tho.
 
I was taught using Adobe Premiere Pro, but mother of god is it bloated. Of the very short time I used Sony Vegas (<1 hour), I didn't like it nearly as much as Premiere Pro, partially due to my unfamiliarity of the program comparatively.

But I've also used the default Ubuntu video editor (totally forgot what it's called), a pretty decent one named Kdenlive (or Kdenlite, one of those), and the oh-so-terrible Windows Movie Maker. What I've learned is that the program used doesn't really matter, as long as it isn't Movie Maker.

Seriously though, just go with anything and you can extrapolate from there if you ever decide to switch video editors.
 
it depends on how Technical you want to get... windows movie make is free and VERY basic. you might be able to pick up a basic video editor called Pinnacle studio 8, its what i started on. Vegas pro is nice and Adobe premier is highly suggested as well.
 
:P Final Cut Studio?

That's what I was taught to use, albiet the older version. Not Final Cut X.

Well, it's good, as you wanted. And you pay for it, which you're fine with.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top