third party vga coolers with catalyst control center

LostSerenity

Poster
Joined
Mar 1, 2011
Messages
167
So I noticed that Battlefield 3 makes my GPU get over 100 c in heat which is

pretty freaking bad for this card. It has stock two fans and good exhaust so im not

sure whats up. Even with 100% fan speed it can't get it under 100 c in

battlefield 3.

I did open and dust the card but no difference.

I purchased a Zalman VF900-CU LED for my Sapphire 6870 HD BUT of course I

can not seem to get it to work with my Manual fan control in Catalyst control

center. I noticed the plug in for the stock fan the GPU had is different than the

plug that the Zalman has so now the an runs at stock speed and cannot be

pushed faster, resulting in the same temps. I know if i can connect this

zalman with my AMD catalyst control center I could increase my fan speed and

fix this heating problem. Could use some ideas if fixing this problem is

possible, thank you.
 
I should mention that the zalman plug is a white kind fat plug with three prong male. The connection that my stock fan was something skinnier with 4 prong that connected directly into the GPU itself.
 
Got the GPU case open and air dusted the hell outta it, then put on some thermal paste. Full load from BF3 went from 100c to 66 c
 
Another fine example of how cleaning out the dust of a fan can fix so much. Not to mention thermal paste.

Also, I do hope you replaced the thermal paste when first installing the aftermarket fan. That is a standard procedure when changing any kind of fan on CPU/GPU.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top