Monitor Flickering

Death

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jan 8, 2007
Messages
2,711
Recently I've been having trouble playing Bf3 on my Acer G215H where the screen either flickers or has crazy colors constantly flashing. But if I switch it to my HP 2009, it works fine.

This started happening after I upgraded my mobo and processor (ASrock extreme7 gen3 z68 and intel i7 2600k) and happened only in Fallout:NV and GTA4, but nothing else. Now it works in those two games but not Bf3.

I've trying updating drivers for the video cards and monitors, but it still happens. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
 
This monitor comes standard with both VGA and DVI pinouts. Which are you using? Have you tried the other? Same/different results?
 
temps of video cards, mobo or processor? Temps for video cards dont get above 75 generally and havent seen the mobo or processor temps while in game yet, but I'm not sure that's the problem since the flickering starts as soon as I start up the game, so I dont think it's temps.


And I've been using the DVI since I bought it, but I havent tried switching them
 
We cant rule out the input unless you try running VGA. The adapters are available at any PC shop or RadioShack for like $10.00. The cables are usually a little bit more. Definitely sounds like an input or connection problem. I've never had a monitor that had temperature issues. I have however had GPU's that flaked out over heat problems. What graphics card do you have?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top