motherboard suggestions

The Slayer

EGO Zealot
Joined
Jan 22, 2010
Messages
1,948
Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy a new motherboard because the one i have now is kinda cheap crap lol.

Features it should definatly have:
- USB 3.0
- PCIe 3
- Ivy bridge compatibility.

(quick question: any thoughts on the success of ivy bridge?)

budget: doesn't matter, 500? max i'd say :)

Thanks for the effort :D

Grtz

Slayer
 
Socket 2011 or 1155? If you're wanting 1155, the ASRock Extreme4 Gen3 is the way to go, best bang for the buck. Since Ivy Bridge isn't out yet you'll have to do a BIOS update, but the board is Ivy Bridge ready with PCIE 3.0 on there too.

Extreme 4 Gen3 Z68

Extreme 4 Gen3 P67


Socket 2011 is the enthusiast socket, so everything will cost more (naturally). Again, the CPUs they have out are still Sandy Bridge but I wouldn't go anywhere else but the ASUS Sabertooth x79.
 
Last edited:
Last edited:
so wich one would be better obv the most expensive one but is it really much better compared to the first one? I don't need like 200 sata ports cause i only need like 5 at highest lol
 
Here is my last suggestion, than I'll leave the decision up to you. Don't blow all your money on the best motherboard and leave yourself with no more money to spend on other parts... Its counter productive and leaves you with killer motherboard with nothing to put on it. There has to be a balance.
 
Here is my last suggestion, than I'll leave the decision up to you. Don't blow all your money on the best motherboard and leave yourself with no more money to spend on other parts... Its counter productive and leaves you with killer motherboard with nothing to put on it. There has to be a balance.

I plan on saving before blowing my money lol so i can buy the top of the bill gear. I made a mistake there when i made my PC. I putted in a core i7 but a crappy motherboard. I put alot of money in a motherboard because it's one of the most important parts of your PC and also alot of technologies came out ;P
 
didn't say get a crap mobo. just to find balance in price and performance
 

Latest posts

Back
Top