- Joined
- Dec 19, 2008
- Messages
- 408
I want to build a cheap, but usable computer so I can learn how to put computers together and whatnot. I have most the items in mind, but I have a couple questions. First, which of the 2 power supplies would be a better choice. Second, is there somewhere besides newegg that has quality optical drives/burners? I went to new egg and there were only about 7 dvd/cd drives and none of them came highly recommended. I just want an optical drive that can read the various cd/dvd types (r, rw, etc) and also burn cds/dvds.
Also, I tried to make sure everything is compatible, but reassurance is always nice.
This is the comp I am planning to build:
(CPU) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116397
(Motherboard) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157265
(RAM) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157265
(Video Card) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121434
(Hard Drive) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136073
(2 power supply options) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207013
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151093
And I need an optical drive. I want a decent optical drive seeing as they are pretty cheap. I don't need bluray, just a decend dvd/cd drive/burner.
Also, I tried to make sure everything is compatible, but reassurance is always nice.
This is the comp I am planning to build:
(CPU) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116397
(Motherboard) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157265
(RAM) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157265
(Video Card) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121434
(Hard Drive) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136073
(2 power supply options) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207013
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151093
And I need an optical drive. I want a decent optical drive seeing as they are pretty cheap. I don't need bluray, just a decend dvd/cd drive/burner.








).
In that case, I would drop to the cx430 as the capstone was more of a splurge that was intended more to replace the lesser quality seasonic he has originally linked.