sound only comes out of one earbud on ipod touch

Joined
Mar 24, 2011
Messages
1,488
Ok, so I've had this iPod Touch for a very long time, and now any headphones I plug into it will only work if the cord is pulled a certain way. This is quite annoying if I go running and have it in my pocket.

Does anyone know what I should try, such as checking the headphone jack for debris, etc.?
 
most likely the problem is that the internal wires r loose or broken. Are u using the stock apple ear buds or a different one?
 
Same thing happens with my windows phone. It's cause I have a iece of lint stuck at the very bottom of the plug. Make sure it clicks in all the way.
 
Possible solution
U will need rubbing alcohol and some q tipS
1. LiGHTLY dip a q tip in the alcohol
2. Thin out the cotton on the tip by pinching it
3. Lightly swab the jack and see if anything comes out
4. Test ur earbuds to c if it worked AFTER THe JACK IS DRY repeat if needed.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top