Monitor or TV

Grymsted

Active Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2010
Messages
293
So my monitor is starting to crap out of a few years and I was thinking "monitor or TV screen" ? I use a 24 inch screen right now but was thinking of going bigger only thing is I know nothing of how games would look like on an LCD or LED TV. Any input is greatly appreciated.
 
I have a 42" LED TV hooked up to my PC and it sucks for gaming, the response time makes everything feel sluggish, even on 'game' mode. Now I use it as an extended display and use my 24" for gaming.
Plasmas have a faster response time but then you have to worry about static frames burning into the display.

If you or a friend already have a TV, try connecting your PC to it and test some games out. You don't want to buy a TV then find out it's too slow for gaming.
 
You could always game on a better monitor and use your TV as an extra desktop. Its the same idea as having two monitors, except ones a TV screen!

So you could play your favorite game on your monitor and have edge-gamers pulled up on the big screen!

That's what I would do!
 
I have two 46 inch LCD TV's connected to one PC of a GTX 260 GPU by using two DVI-to-HDMI adapters. I use one side for Internet and Gaming and I use the other TV for watching Live TV and Movies through Windows Media Center.

Gaming works great on the 46 inch. No lag or video issues at all.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top