- Joined
- Mar 11, 2011
- Messages
- 583
My $12 eBay headset's microphone recently broke, so I'm looking to buy a newer headset of much better quality. I have about $60 to spend, but a price of $40-50 is preferable.
I was looking at the Plantronics GameCom 367 or a Creative Fatal1ty headset, but I'm open to other suggestions.
I'd love a noise cancellation feature. I'm not sure the GameCom's nor the Fatal1ty's noise cancellation would work as well for me, as I read that if the mic faces towards the computer (the mic's on the left side of the headset, and my computer's to my right), it doesn't work as well because the noise-cancelling microphone on the outside of the headset isn't picking up as much background noise and the noise is instead mostly received by the main microphone. My computer is on my desk, so the mic would pick up even more fan noise. Maybe it wouldn't be a problem, though; I don't know.
Any suggestions are appreciated. Something that'll last me a year or two and has good audio quality.
Thanks!
I was looking at the Plantronics GameCom 367 or a Creative Fatal1ty headset, but I'm open to other suggestions.
I'd love a noise cancellation feature. I'm not sure the GameCom's nor the Fatal1ty's noise cancellation would work as well for me, as I read that if the mic faces towards the computer (the mic's on the left side of the headset, and my computer's to my right), it doesn't work as well because the noise-cancelling microphone on the outside of the headset isn't picking up as much background noise and the noise is instead mostly received by the main microphone. My computer is on my desk, so the mic would pick up even more fan noise. Maybe it wouldn't be a problem, though; I don't know.
Any suggestions are appreciated. Something that'll last me a year or two and has good audio quality.
Thanks!





