XBOX 360 S hard drive update....?

The Sicilian

I made one post
Joined
Aug 28, 2009
Messages
23
I have a 360S for the family, and its the base 4G model. I am in the market to upgrade the worthless 4G onboard mem with a more usable amount. I see after market HDD's for the 360, and am wondering if anyone has experience with such models/companies as TMART, or OEM branded HDD's for the 360? PLUS, what amount of mem. is good enough for just gaming and updates and maybe some netflix or HBO GO usage. The family does not do any heavy gaming or usage with the system. I noticed a range of 20G, 60G, 120G, 250G, 320G.
Any help/suggestions would be appreciated, thanks in advanced to any and all assistance.
 
Basically the xbox uses a modified version of a laptop hard drive. If you have any old xbox hard drives that old 20-40 gig ones on the white version you can break open the casing on the hard drive around it and rip off the adapter plugin. Thats what I did for my 360S and It works just fine. Plus its much cheaper then the new hard drives :P You can find the old ones for sale used for like 10-15$ depending on where you look
 
lol I was confused for a bit when you said 4G. I thought, "Since when?", then I realized you meant 4GB model. You can either do what cloaked said, or you can Hard drives for cheap anywhere. 20GB HDD's go for almost nothing these days and are sold everywhere online. I should know, I have 2 that I use :).
 
Thanks guys, can you please specify if youre talking XBOX HDD or regular laptop HDD's, cuz I would have to flash the laptop HDD for it to work with the XBOX. And that is such a hassle, its almost as much as just buying an after market XBOX HDD. So i take it none of you are familiar with the after market HDD's for the XBOX? the companies I stated in the orig. post..
 
Well I did what CloakedSphere except not as violently. So I dont really have any experience with third party HDDs, but I figure OEM's should work fine but I did notice they are a bit more expensive. Or what you could do is buy a laptop HDD and format that to work with the xbox. I would suggest the laptop one because they are a lot more choices and are fairly cheaper. And since it seems you won't use it for a lot of gaming, 60gb to 100gb would be a good range.
 
thanks death for taking your time to chime in and help. id rather avoid all the flashing and conversion of the laptop hdd's if i could, ive read up[ on it alittle, i could figure it out np, but again, just time is a premium for a father of three with multiple film projects and a huge tile job to tackle. I'll keep my eyes and web searches going to look for a used one or something too.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top