Question: AMD Phenom II X6 1055 T

Kaos1095

Rookie
Joined
May 15, 2010
Messages
75
So yeah, I'm gonna buy an AMD Phenom II X6 1055 T processor soon but I'm not sure if it's gonna be safe for the rest of my PC.

Right now, I have:

Motherboard ASRock N68-S3 UCC
PSU of... idk, it says 350, 450, 550 wats something xD
AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.0 Ghz
Nvidia GeForce 450 GTS 1GB DDR5
4 GB RAM

All I want to change is the processor, from the Athlon to AMD Phenom II X6 1055 T.

Even though the motherboard's box says it's gonna work: ''6 Core CPU Ready!'', I just wanna be sure. So I'm here... asking.
 
So yeah, I'm gonna buy an AMD Phenom II X6 1055 T processor soon but I'm not sure if it's gonna be safe for the rest of my PC.

Right now, I have:

Motherboard ASRock N68-S3 UCC
PSU of... idk, it says 350, 450, 550 wats something xD
AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.0 Ghz
Nvidia GeForce 450 GTS 1GB DDR5
4 GB RAM

All I want to change is the processor, from the Athlon to AMD Phenom II X6 1055 T.

Even though the motherboard's box says it's gonna work: ''6 Core CPU Ready!'', I just wanna be sure. So I'm here... asking.

Shouldn't be a problem! If you're going to be transferring the CPU cooler from your old processor to the new, you'll want to make sure you have some thermal grease and possibly look up some tutorials on cleaning off the old grease and re-applying.

If you're just going to be rolling with the stock fan on the new CPU (assuming you're buying it retail and not OEM), then you won't have to worry about any of that :)
 
I highly suggest updating the bios before you put the 1055t in. I used to have the same cpu until it bottlenecked 3 gpu's, but hope you like it
 
I have a 1090t and I like it so hope ya like this one
 
if you have the 125W 1055T, then it will not be safe.

The board is only rated for 95w X6 CPUs, and even then, i would be careful.
 
if you have the 125W 1055T, then it will not be safe.

The board is only rated for 95w X6 CPUs, and even then, i would be careful.

Good catch, dude. This is why I usually shy away from posting in these threads, all it takes is one potential miss!
 
if you have the 125W 1055T, then it will not be safe.

The board is only rated for 95w X6 CPUs, and even then, i would be careful.

What if I change it to a AMD Phenom II X6 1025 (Or was it 1045)? Would it be any safer with the board I have right now?

I'd rather avoid buying a new board, the processor itself is already... about 250 dollars (1100 Pesos here)...
 
Last edited:
If you give us a price range, I'm sure we could find something that's on sale.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top