I was just checking on Newegg about these cables. Noticed that theres 3 different kinds of cable (based on generation of technology & speed), but my question is whats the best way to know which gen sata cable is which, esp if you dont have the exact specs right in front of you? Do they print something spec on the cables themselves to give the tech geeks a way to know the difference?
The main I ask is because when I got the current motherboard that I have, it came with 2 sata cables & 2 pata cables. Well 1 day I ended up getting a power surge, which fried the psu & motherboard (thankfully just those 2). Originally I thought that motherboard I got was either bad or something stupid, so I bought another 1 (should of gotten a different motherboard that worked w/ my specs @ the time) & thankfully I still had the backup motherboard. Im currently using the backup now, but now I have 3 sata cables & 4 pata cables. I really dont care bout the pata cables (im currently using the only 1 I need for my dvd rom drive which im bout 2 get rid of in my upcoming upgrade build).
Sorry for the rant on that. Anyways, if any of u really hardcore tech gurus can help me here, id really appreciate it. I am sure that the cables are 1st gen sata cables, but doesnt hurt to find out the real truth. Thanks in advance!
The main I ask is because when I got the current motherboard that I have, it came with 2 sata cables & 2 pata cables. Well 1 day I ended up getting a power surge, which fried the psu & motherboard (thankfully just those 2). Originally I thought that motherboard I got was either bad or something stupid, so I bought another 1 (should of gotten a different motherboard that worked w/ my specs @ the time) & thankfully I still had the backup motherboard. Im currently using the backup now, but now I have 3 sata cables & 4 pata cables. I really dont care bout the pata cables (im currently using the only 1 I need for my dvd rom drive which im bout 2 get rid of in my upcoming upgrade build).
Sorry for the rant on that. Anyways, if any of u really hardcore tech gurus can help me here, id really appreciate it. I am sure that the cables are 1st gen sata cables, but doesnt hurt to find out the real truth. Thanks in advance!














