Comp down

Severend

Famous
Joined
May 9, 2011
Messages
478
After spending almost the whole night trying to fix my comp it's official I have lost yet another vid card to the cruel grip of life. I also get to bury a 2gig stick of ram with it. We had a power sure and I'm pretty sure that is with took out both components. That all being said I had to put my 8800GTX back in so BF3 has to get put on the shelf for the time being. :( Looks like I'll be playing BC2, CSS:S and LoL for a while. Sadly not sure how long this 8800 will last either as it was messing up in my wife's comp last month. Going to be moving in 2 months so all my money is currently sunk in that. Once the move is done I'm going to be looking at building a whole new comp, expect that will be 3-6 months away. The one thing that I'm happy about is it didn't take out my mobo that would have wrecked me since this is my work comp. Tis a sad day.... and right before double xp weekend :facewall::cursing:
 
Sorry to hear that man, well at least you did not lose the whole computer. I will keep my knife sharp for you in BF3 when you do come back.
 
Sorry to hear that man, it sucks that happened. I hope all goes well for you
 
We had a power sure and I'm pretty sure that is with took out both components.

First off, sorry to hear that. That bites. :(

Secondly, did your surge protector fail? If so, are you able to claim against the damaged equipment to the surge protector manufacturer?
 
That hurts just to hear. We'll be waiting for you when ya get back though, hang in there.
 
Secondly, did your surge protector fail? If so, are you able to claim against the damaged equipment to the surge protector manufacturer?

no sadly :(

I have a fun project ahead of me now though a friend had a broken btx XPS so i'm going to gut it, convert it to atx and rebuild the whole thing with new components. In approx 1-2 months I'm going to become very busy moving again also so probably good to have the down time currently.
 
Come see us in Heavy Metal server BFBC2. Lots of folks have come by to visit and become regulars again...
 

Latest posts

Back
Top