Anyone else getting this massive Steam glitch?

Goz

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jan 10, 2011
Messages
2,371
So yesterday, I was chatting with a friend and apparently it said he was offline. His profile page said he was online, but he was sending me messages. I couldn't respond of course, because it said he was offline. I left him a comment, and he turned it into a group chat. That seemed to fix it.

I logged on today, and I noticed that several other people were also "offline." It didn't show how long they were offline and it didn't show their avatars, which is the same thing that occurred between me and my friend.

Screenshots for good measure:

SteamGlitchAlternate.png


Now here it says Kazoo is offline without showing how long she's been off or showing her avatar:

SteamGlitch.png


But Steam Community says otherwise. Apparently she's in-game. (She did show up as in-game a few min. ago before the screenshot of her on my friends list.)

SteamCommunityisfineforsomereason.png


This happening to anybody else?
 
Last edited:
I'm on a PC but have seen it occur occasionally. I will do one of two things:

  1. If it is one or two people I know for a fact are online, I will block them then unblock them.
  2. Restarting STEAM will correct it sometimes.

Other times, though probably not in your particular circumstance, it could be the buddy set themselves to be viewed as 'offline'. STEAM certainly has its quirks.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top