Video Card Feedback (HD 7850)

From what I've been told, it's a good card. I was going to buy it when I built my rig about two months ago. It offers a really good performance/price ratio (at least in Spain it does, not sure about how that is in the US). At the end I eventually decided to get the 7870 instead as it offered superior performance

Here's a review.
http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1437/pg15/sapphire-radeon-hd-7850-overclock-edition-graphics-card-review-conclusion.html

Another one
http://www.thinkcomputers.org/sapphire-radeon-hd-7850-oc-edition-2gb-video-card-review/7/

They both give this card a very high score.
 
I don't feel the overclock version is worth it. Might as well save yourself the $10 and get the regular one. You could easily overclock past that by yourself on the regular version.

7850 is a great buy. However, right now I got to say that this is the better deal:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102987

Unfortunately, nvidia has not released there mid cards so amd has little competition in that segment and can charge a premium. Though relative to last gen, they are not priced too badly. But last gen also has not really been driven down that much with little competition.
 
Recently put a 7850 in my build. Couldn't be happier. Went with the model I have because at the time it came with two full version DIRT games.
 
its a great card - i don't have one but i do have the first gen 5850 which is still a beast for me with any game i've played thus far. its at a 24/7 OC of 950/1200 and runs not too hot, just like 65c under full load or so. the added memory of the 7850 will only further help its performance on hardcore games or very high resolutions.

honestly if i could find another 5850 i'd buy it to crossfire, these cards are bulletproof and deliver amazing performance for their price. im personally sad to see the cards keep bouncing around from one compatibility to another however, since my 2.5 year old card can't be upgraded without buying a completely new (but basically same) card.

anyway, you'll be very pleased with that cards performance i guarantee
 
Thanks everyone. I did end up getting 7850. I thought about getting 6950 but did some reasearch and says that it draws a lot more power than 7850. I only have antec eco 620w and I'm planning to go cf in a couple of months. And if theres a new game that comes out needing more than 4 cores, I can replace my b55 with a power hungry bd without changing my psu :) Thanks again.
 

Similar threads

Latest posts

Back
Top