BSOD while playing CS:S and other games.

dBozee

Rookie
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
96
I posted this on SevenForums trying to find help for this but got no luck so I'm crossposting it to here. :facewall:

I keep getting these BSOD's randomly. It's been happening for a while now but it keeps happening more and more. Most of the time while I'm playing CS:S or other games my PC just BSOD's out of nowhere. I can still restart and boot back up but for the last 48 hours or so it continually happens when playing any game at all. I'm rather sure it's not a driver issue with my Graphics card as I've tried using many different versions of the drivers.

I have:
Nvidia gtx 460 SE
AMD Phenom 2 945 x4 3.0 ghz
8gb AMD entertainment RAM

Event viewer shows this:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 (0xffffea8008ee0310, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff88005a19cfe). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 092712-19016-01.

If you need any more info let me know.

Thanks in advance!
 
Check motherboard/bios/audio drivers for updates. somtimes they can also cause a crash
 
Check motherboard/bios/audio drivers for updates. somtimes they can also cause a crash

Correct.

0x000000d1 translates to Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

One of your drivers is malfunctioning.
 
Correct.

0x000000d1 translates to Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

One of your drivers is malfunctioning.

Is there some sort of program that will check all of them for me? I was told elsewhere that it is probably my USB devices (hence the USBEHCI.sys BSOD), but none of them seem to show any problems. How can I reinstall the usb drivers if I have to have them to operate my mouse and keyboard?
 
Before reinstalling the USB, try switching around your USB plugs.

Unplug the mouse, keyboard, or whatever it is that may be USB completely.
Put it back together in different spots.

I used to have this problem and that fixed it for me.
If it doesn't work, we can try to reinstall the USB hubs.
 
Before reinstalling the USB, try switching around your USB plugs.

Unplug the mouse, keyboard, or whatever it is that may be USB completely.
Put it back together in different spots.

I used to have this problem and that fixed it for me.
If it doesn't work, we can try to reinstall the USB hubs.

Oh, duh... I didn't even think about trying that first. haha.
 
Okay, well now I think that the BSOD is just giving me false results because it's given me at least 3 different .sys files to which it's crashing because of, so either:
1. It's a lot of driver problems
or 2. it's something else.
At this point should I just format and reinstall? I haven't done it in almost 2 years and have been having the problem for a long while now. Should I just system wipe?
 
Okay, well now I think that the BSOD is just giving me false results because it's given me at least 3 different .sys files to which it's crashing because of, so either:
1. It's a lot of driver problems
or 2. it's something else.
At this point should I just format and reinstall? I haven't done it in almost 2 years and have been having the problem for a long while now. Should I just system wipe?

Reformatting wouldn't hurt if it's been 2 years. I reformat every year and back my stuff up. It's definitely something system related. But understand by reformatting, we did not solve the problem, just eradicated it.
 
Reformatting wouldn't hurt if it's been 2 years. I reformat every year and back my stuff up. It's definitely something system related. But understand by reformatting, we did not solve the problem, just eradicated it.

Yeah, but honestly after spending almost 200 bucks at best-buy last year for them the FIX the problem only ended in them delaying the problem until a few months afterwards seems stupid for me to pay someone to fix it so maybe if formatting is what I have to do it's no big deal. I could use the freed up HDD space anyways. Thanks for your help.
 
10-4, you got it.

If you need help with anything at all after reformatting, like finding drivers or fine tuning, just shoot me a pm. I'd be more than glad to help.
 
Just a random idea to throw out there: How are your system temps when you're playing CS? Anyway to see what the temperature is like for the CPU, Mobo, RAM, and GPU? I know some BSODs can be caused due to overheating, and since you said it happens when you're usually playing a game, it may be overheating. Happened to me; GPU fan died. Depending on how much time and airflow I had going through the PC, BSODs may take an hour or in just a few minutes with little time between restarts.
 
Also make sure all the connections are good with everything inside, i had a problem like that with my ram. I was replacing a fan and i had to take on out to replace it and never pushed it in fully and i kept getting the BSOD at random times. Untill i opened it up and noticed that the one side wasn't fully pressed down.
 
As Snipeye suggested, it could be over heating. Though it could also be a combination of all the post above: over heating, drivers, usb ports, and even a bad ram stick.
 
I've reseated all of my hardware except for the processor(inf fear of bending the pins) and It almost never gets above 60 C Temp wise. I try to keep the inside dust free. I airdust it once a month. It's not the RAM because I've tried two different sticks. I've tried 2x4gb 2x2 and everything between them. I haven't checked the heat-sync but it is running and everything seems to be not too hot.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top