Name change

Status
Not open for further replies.

daMduck

Forum Fiend
Joined
Apr 3, 2007
Messages
628
I am still [unknown] in game. I changed it in my config file but it still reverted back. Whats the trick?
 
Hi Duck,

Team Fortress 2 implements the Steam Community while in-game, therefore you have to change your Steam Nickname.
 
Ok thanks Midway. I had to sign into friends for it to work. Thanks Valve for adding more complexity for an old fart wanting to play a freaking game online.
 
Yeah, it took me 2 days to figure that crap out too. I sat around like an idiot for 10 minutes typing the command into the console and watched nothing happen.
 
I really gotta say I wish they'd take that out, or at least implement the option to change it in-game and have it not be your nickname. Some of us play a lot of different Steam games, and use different names for Friends, and each of the various games. It's a hassle to have to change it around so damn much as opposed to being able to just have each game set to it's unique name easily.
 
Yeah this was due to the Steam Friends servers being down. The ONLY reason we have this is so that we can't constantly change our names in game. Because we are going to be playing with Xbox360 and PS3 this could cause alot of issues between the three platforms. Should be all fixed now.
 
[quote1190939395=Morbid]
Yeah it WILL be multiplatform. :)
[/quote1190939395]

Even more reason to be a part of, and play on, the EGO servers. This way, we can regulate the stupid people screaming "n00b!" and profanities that are sure to come from the console crowd. No offense. I mean, I own a Wii and a 360, but I am well aware of the elements that exists to a much larger extent within the console crowd.

It sure will be fun owning them with my mouse and keyboard though! :)
 
Totally. xD But I'm sure they'll get some aid since it IS a Multiplatform FPS. Pretty confident we can tear em to pieces though. :P

I cant wait until people start screaming about hackers... only to find out they're using a console! :D

The laughs that shall await us are glorious I say!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top