Free Zone Alarm - Today only

Scragg -RR-

Poster
Joined
May 20, 2007
Messages
134
From PC Magazine:
No kidding! For Tuesday only, Check Point Software is offering ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware for free, instead of the usual $29.95.

This isn't the full ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite, but it does include the super-powered OSFirewall along with spyware detection and removal, spy site blocking, and a year of updates.
Why this "Crazy Eddie" deal? Check Point wants to call attention to the fact that it's Patch Tuesday today. Be sure to accept all security updates, and on top of that protection grab your bonus gift from Check Point.

To get your free ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware go to www.zonealarm.com/patchtuesday before 10 AM EST on Wednesday November 14th.

enjoy
 
Watch out for Zone Alarm, when it messes up it REALLY messes up and will completely kill your internet connection, haven't dealt with Zone Alarm in awhile since it happened to me so they might of fixed the problems with it by now though.
 
Tried it and restarted my comp which starts in less then 2 seconds it took 2 minutes to start up

I'd watch out if you really need a anti-virus get Norton which doesent slow you down
 
If you really need the best free anti-spyware, look for spybot, gets rid of everything and only ask for donations if you want too, not one thing to pay for, works wonders and 0% slowdown
 
Ok, I have been using Zone Alarm for several years. I use the free version that is just the firewall. yes, it is kind of annoying when it asks you if your applications can access the net, but it is nice to know when something is trying to report back to the mothership. But is is pretty easy to tell it not to ask you every time, just check the check box on applications you trust and use often. There are some little bugs with games that use full screen, because from what I have figured out, when Zone Alarm is asking you if the program can access the internet, it halts the program, and sometimes you can't Alt Tab out to get to the window that is asking you if you want to get to the internet. *GHASP FOR AIR!*
Long story short, I use it, it is kind of annoying yes, but it is worth it.
 
Spybot looks a little wierd and i dont intend on getting it im going to go with zone alarm. Currentl im using.... something like spy ware.. i forget but it works great.
 
If your REALLY want some good anti-Virus get Antivir, its free, it catches ABSOLUTLY everything, updates often, and isn't a resource hog
 
I have the same experience as Radio Active Cheese :)

Good and free!

Anti-Virus, I use AVG. Still seems to go pretty good.
 
They're watching you.

"Zone Labs was purchased by the Israeli firm Checkpoint Software in December 2003, and the Israeli´s immediately revamped Zone Alarm´s True Vector Engine. Now there are few knowledgeable software security experts who trust that any new Zone Alarm products after this buy out actually protect users from spying by U.S. and Israeli governments."

Remember the USS Liberty
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident
 
I had it send me a link and registration key to a spam email I use. I don't intend to install it now though if ever, link may be down by then anyway. I've got so many anti-virus/spyware programs that this would definately not be necessary.

...and for the record, you guys saying that "_____ catches EVERYTHING, and it's free!"

This is more than likely not true. If there was one that caught everything, everyone would use it, and only it. I can say from personal experience on so many occassions that things like Spybot Search and Destroy, while nice for general usage, cannot get rid of everything. Even some things it manages to detect. Same with Antivir. Hence, why most people have at least two or three programs they can scan with, so that they can overlap and get a couple things one single program couldn't.
 
Antivir might not catch everything, but it works alot better then alot of the pay ones I've used, like Norton and such, when I worked at Best Buy in the geek squad (shudders), its ALL we used, works so well. I mainly still use it because it takes barely any system resources.

P.S. Venture Bros. ftw Brock Samson!!
 
Okay im sorry but this thing isnt making my day at all, it wont let me delete the file any way possible, its taking at least 2 minutes to log into the window and I cant stand that. I wouldnt trust this at all
 

Latest posts

Back
Top