Valve: New Maps, Fixes, Machinima Tool for Team Fortress 2 in the Works

Midway

Thread Junky
Joined
Jul 28, 2007
Messages
923
Valve: New Maps, Fixes, Machinima Tool for Team Fortress 2 in the Works​
[blockquote]In emails sent to individual fans, Valve employees have given clues as to what new content Team Fortress 2 owners can expect in the near and more distant future. New maps are in the works, as is an imminent Xbox 360 patch and, surprisingly, the tools Valve uses to create its lauded character class videos.

Confirmation regarding maps and the patch came from Valve's Kerry Davis via forum user Shamrock. Valve submitted an Xbox 360 patch--addressing exploits and bugs, bandwidth usage, and stats reporting--to Microsoft certification today, and expects the certification process to take 10-14 days, completing before Christmas.

Davis noted that the changes are largely "in response to forum posts from both the PC and 360, and from direct in-game feedback from players." He added, "We actually have several people who regularly play TF2 on the 360 and collect feedback... It's a tough job, but someone has to do it." Valve is known for corresponding directly with fans.

As far as new in-production maps, Davis gave no time frame. They will be released individually on PC, and in a single pack on Xbox 360. It is unknown whether that pack will be free; Microsoft has been reported as being discouraging towards developers releasing free game content through Xbox Live.

In a separate email sent to Shacker Trips, Valve's Robin Walker noted that the company plans to add to its official SDK the proprietary tools it uses to create the videos highlighting TF2 classes such as the Heavy, Engineer, Soldier, and Demoman. He said the company uses Softimage XSI and Autodesk Maya as well as its own tools.

"I'm not sure when that'll happen, though, sorry," he noted.

No mention was made of the PlayStation 3 version of the game, released this week as part of The Orange Box.[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Source: [link=http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/50336]Shacknews[/link] [/blockquote]
 
Very cool, I expect some absolutely wicked TF2 content in the near future. Going to have to start playing more.
 
Nice, always love new maps. I also heard somewhere that they will eventually introduce 3 more classes but I'm not sure if that will happen anytime soon.
 
Thats really interesting, if I get a hold of a true TF2 character program (Like the one in the movies, I doubt the face poser tool in the SDK doesn't like me very much.) I wanna make meet the Civilian, if they ever release him in an update.
 
I wonder if the tools with be compitable with Vista 64-bit? Some of the Valve tools don't work for me but that's really fine since I don't use them but it would still be nice though. I would like those machinma tools myself.
 
does anybody remember bfield from the original half-life? That would be a fun run and gun map with a few modifications, it would need a dividing line and objective, but I greatly miss that level. New maps would be very fun, can't wait!!
 
Back
Top