Dec 20th update

finkledoodle

Rookie
Joined
Nov 22, 2007
Messages
94
[-]December 20, 2007 - Team Fortress 2/source Engine Update Released

Updates to Team Fortress 2 and the Source Engine have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Team Fortress 2


Sudden Death mode is now a server option (a convar) and defaults to OFF

Sapped buildings now take slightly less damage from the Spy who sapped them

The Medic's Medigun now charges at an increased rate during Setup time, to remove the need for self-damage grinding

Fixed an rcon/console command that could cause server crashes

Prevented players from playing the "civilian" class

Prevented players from hiding their name in the scoreboard

Fixed exploit where the Medigun UberCharge wouldn't drain if you switched weapons

Fixed decals not being correctly applied to the world in some cases

Well, I like the increased charge rate during setup, but I'm sad that you can't change weapons to save your uber.

Also, the civilian class was a fun(although pointless) exploit, which shows for a fact that Valve is in the works of a hunted style map!
 
Yeah, I never play medic, but I loved a good skilled medic that would flip his uber on and off when needed. I always feel like a jerk when I burn through half the uber without finding anyone else to hurt.
 
Correct me if I'm wrong? but the civilian class is when you see scouts that are just kind of sliding along not running or shooting? Yeah and seriously I didn't know changing weapons as Medic to save uber was a exploit, I agree that added a strategy to it, but whatever lol.
 
I like the sudden death turned off by default now. Hopefully the server keeps it that way. Seems to always be a stalemate because of engineers guarding their own point and server seems to lose people in sudden death.
 
NO! MY UBERZ!
:D..

Yes, no more civilians.
Well, Thanks to Kendle. He updated all the servers.

:D
 
[quote1198211106=Sir Leeroy]
what does it mean the civilian class?

[/quote1198211106]In console, you could of typed "join_class civilian", and you'd become a person of the class you were last with 50 health. When you were killed, your body seems to end up as a scout.

If you've ever seen people in servers who were just walking with still bodies, that's what they were doing.
 
I like the civilian thing and sudden death but the spy sapper is slow enough and uber i dont care much about.
 
[quote1198251570=xRomanticDeathx]
tell me about it, little harder for me but i can still sap
[/quote1198251570]And easier for me to repair my darned sentry. :)
 
They added stairs in the Third phase of dustbowl. They are to the right after the first cap...
 
That makes it a much harder for defense to funnel blue into that tight area, but I guess I see why they did it.
 
I don't.

Once they're past the first CP, Red might as well just fall back all the way- that hallway is no contest now =(
 
Back
Top