Can anybody explain how the GameMe stats work?

JonYak

Poster
Joined
Jun 15, 2012
Messages
136
I'm a bit confused. How do I end up losing points after some nights of playing?
 
Each time you kill somebody, you gain points based on their level in gameMe. If they kill you, they gain points based on your level in gameMe and you lose those points.

Thus, if you kill somebody and gain 25 points, but they kill you three times and only get 6, you still have a net gain of 19 points. GameMe positions are determined by how many points you have, so you raise and lower in rankings based on points, not kills.
 
I believe the system is kinda bad. I have to go like 3/1 kd to be positive, also skill in TF2 isn't only kills.
 
I vanished gameme essentially you kill the higher ranked people for more points
 
Oh that's kind of a weird system then. I check and it said that you only get 5 points per medic assist? Does that change based on the level of the player that you helped kill as medic? It seems like it would be hard to gain rank as a medic then. 0.0
 
Oh that's kind of a weird system then. I check and it said that you only get 5 points per medic assist? Does that change based on the level of the player that you helped kill as medic? It seems like it would be hard to gain rank as a medic then. 0.0
Niet. Medic is one of the easiest to level up with, especially when you're in the top 300.

A normal assist gives you 2 points. A normal kill gives you 2-25, no more than 15 after you cross 30k. As a medic, you get to stay behind and not die while your pocket kills a bunch of people. thus, instead of getting 2-10 points for killing people, you always get 5 points. As the majority of players will only give you 2 points, this is a great deal. You can just sit back and not die while you get 5 points every assist.

I think Medic is the second easiest, with minisentries being the first. You can spam minis, getting 5 points each time you build one. If you're in a choke point or spam zone it's easy to rack up points.
 
I believe the system is kinda bad. I have to go like 3/1 kd to be positive, also skill in TF2 isn't only kills.

It ain't a perfect system to be sure, but you do rack up GameMe points for things other than kills and assists. It is true that you need a high average number of kills at low ranks though.
 
It ain't a perfect system to be sure, but you do rack up GameMe points for things other than kills and assists. It is true that you need a high average number of kills at low ranks though.

I've seen some servers that give points for things like sentry's destroyed, backstabs, headshots, etc I don't know if the gameme version we use gives those points without notifying but I would certainly prefer that to be a thing on our servers.
 
I've seen some servers that give points for things like sentry's destroyed, backstabs, headshots, etc I don't know if the gameme version we use gives those points without notifying but I would certainly prefer that to be a thing on our servers.

You get points for all that stuff on our servers, it just doesn't notify you in-game. For example:

Destroy Teleporter: 2 points
Destroy Sentrygun: 4 points
Jarate/Milk Player: 1 point
Extinguish Player: 1 point
Headshot: 1 point
Attach Sapper: 2 points
Build Teleporter: 1.5 points
Domination: 3 points
Medic Killed: 1 point
Capture Blocked: 4 points
etc.

You can see how many actions you have performed and the related skill bonus on your player page.

Niet. Medic is one of the easiest to level up with, especially when you're in the top 300.

A normal assist gives you 2 points. A normal kill gives you 2-25, no more than 15 after you cross 30k. As a medic, you get to stay behind and not die while your pocket kills a bunch of people. thus, instead of getting 2-10 points for killing people, you always get 5 points. As the majority of players will only give you 2 points, this is a great deal. You can just sit back and not die while you get 5 points every assist.

I think Medic is the second easiest, with minisentries being the first. You can spam minis, getting 5 points each time you build one. If you're in a choke point or spam zone it's easy to rack up points.

It's only four points for a Medic Assist and entirely deserved considering what we have to put up with a lot of the time. I agree with your analysis mostly though. I do think you're kind of understating "stay[ing] behind and not d[ying] while your pocket kills a bunch of people." A Medic is target #1 for Scouts and Spies, and probably #2 for most Snipers (who, rightly, love to mow down Hoovies). And the Medic is mostly defenseless on his own since generally only weak or unlucky players get killed my Medics.

Just look at the Assists per Death numbers on the Medic page; the APD ratios are not crazy high. Most Medics seem to be under 2:1, a bunch are between 2:1 and 3:1, a few are above that, and only a small handful with significant playing time are above 4:1. Players die A LOT while playing as a Medic and those deaths are "expensive" in the GameME context. If a player can survive well as a Medic, the points certainly pile up, but very few players appear able to survive at a high rate.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top